1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Jim Roth

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Feb 23, 2021.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Guy was a legend, awesome individual. RIP.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

From the Swine Dudes? No effing way. I reconnected with him at Vintage Days a couple of years ago. Great dude and could ride the wheels off of anything.

3. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Big loss to the racing community, thoughts to Stephen and Lexi.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

What happened? Really hate to hear about this, Jim was such a great guy. He was at GNF last year I think.

5. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

A great man that will surely be missed by many.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Heart attack and my response is the same as when I heard this morning - fuck. :(

jksoft, Kyle Brosius and noles19 like this.
  7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

My sentiments exactly, Sean. I really liked Jim.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hadn't thought of Jim in years and haven't talked to or seen in him longer and it killed me to have to think for a minute on who "Jim Roth" was. Once it hit me it hit me hard. F@ck! Good dude and I'm heartbroken for his friends and family. :(

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Always had a big smile at the track and there wasn't one time he wouldn't give me a bunch of shit about something...great dude. Dammit man. The last time we chatted was the GNF and he told the guy working tech that "I was extremely untrust worthy and to find a reason to fail my bike for tech"....poor guy took it literally and he must have spent 10+ minutes looking at it, trying to find something wrong with it. Jim walks back and was like "WTF are you doing still tech'ing this thing, I was kidding numb nut!" We both got a pretty good laugh out of that one.

Fuck. Gonna miss him this year. Thoughts to Steve & Lexi.

jksoft and DucatiBomber like this.
  10. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

Roth will be missed for years to come. Steve and Lexi. SOO sorry!

11. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin Well-Known Member

Just saw Jim at Homestead less than a month ago, with a big smile on his face as usual. Also thinking back to some of the racing stories he would have. Definitely will miss him. Unreal. Thoughts are with his family.

12. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Holy shit! Loved racing with him. He will be missed

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a bit surprise that it happened while he was shoveling the sidewalks at his church....

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

What a good dude he was. RIP

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

RIP to Jim and condolences to his family and friends.

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Great guy that was always willing to help with anything.

He will be missed.

Ride safe,
    AAron

jksoft likes this.
  17. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Huge bummer. He was always a good dude to talk to and hang out with during the endurance races.

18. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Man this sucks RIP

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Met him at Nelson Ledges last year...SUPER nice man. RIP.

Shoveling snow is one of those benign looking tasks nobody really thinks much about, but it claims a lot of lives every winter.

20. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

My first race weekend in 2016 or 2017 at Roebling he took me under his wing and helped me navigate everything throughout the weekend. The rest of the next two or three seasons we always pitted close and raced in the same classes until I started doing endurance racing. He would always give me tips which really helped me improve my riding. I would usually try to cook him dinner if he was staying at the track. He was there for my first podium, and first podium at the GNF. He will surely be missed and be in my heart every time I head to the track.