1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Bloodhound, Jan 14, 2021.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Barcia was a dick to my kid. Fuck him. :D

noles19 and Senna like this.
  2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah over the years my son and I met some racers. People that would be earning a living doing who knows what if it weren’t for fans. Yet some are some real Dick heads and I’m not talking about the guys that just need a moment’s peace and people won’t give them space. But the ones that ignore the lone kid at the rope just looking to get a hi or sig. That said Robert Height is one of the absolute best ambassadors of the NHRA

3. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I got nothin’ new, I pretty much agree with what folks said. On the Macadoo/AMart/medic thing, no red flag seen yet by racers, it was over at S/F. Track staff put tuff block out in precisely the wrong position diverted traffic into the incident instead of away. Med walked on a hot track without looking, turned his back to oncoming racers, nearly got tagged by Cooper, dodged and got tagged by Macadoo. And sadly, so did AMart.

Webb is a real racer. Hate to say it but—While it’s still early days he looks good for the 450 championship but Roczen still in it. Tomac is inexorably slipping back, soon to be irretrievable, and his bike setup, while it looked visibly improved this week, still looked awful, especially the rear shock/spring/linkage setting. It’s over for him if he can’t make a big change immediately, but let’s see what happens at Daytona, he could still go on a streak starting there. Great for Anderson, another real racer getting good results again, and AC, what can you say?

Justin Cooper looks very strong in the 250s. And wow, too darned bad for the Martin brothers, you couldn’t make up something like that. Nice to see Hunter Lawrence up again, and cool to see new/old guy Seth Haamaker do well.

4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Nobody mentioned Stewart knocking down Ferrandis in the heat race? I would loved to been in that pit after that:Poke:

Senna likes this.
  5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

6. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I don't understand why the medic would not wait? Didn't his mom teach him to look both ways before crossing the street?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That was fucking awesome.

skidooboy likes this.
  8. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Agree with most everything already said. I think it is on race direction and the flaggers. There was a red flag out but not for the riders to see. There were yellow and red crossed flags out that should have been red flags and the medic would not have been hit. I also kind of hate to say it but Cooper is looking strong. I can’t be the only one that sees it but injury and fatherhood have impacted Eli and Ken. They don’t have the killer instinct anymore or maybe it’s just at the moment. It isn’t wrong it’s just different. Ken in particular it seems doesn’t currently think winning is the most important thing. I agree with Linker that the Kawi doesn’t seem to be rider friendly at the moment either.

9. swiest152

Since the child, Eli hasn't been the same. 2020 Outdoors and now 2021 SX, you'd think it's a completely different person. If someone just starting watching MX/SX now, they would not understand how Eli is one of the best ever.
    Kenny looks really good but like you said, doesn't have the killer instinct but never really did to the level Eli did. Cooper has Kenny covered in that department.

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nhra guys are awesome In General, pretty much everyone should learn from them.

11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Tomac outside was a total fucking beast. Never thought indoors suited him as well but yeah he’s got talent. Sadly it does seem as though he’s lost a step. Maybe he’s just thinking about being healthy for his family and that’s cool. Time for some up and comers to make a name for themselves. But damn he was an animal outdoors.

Bloodhound likes this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Couldn’t find a lot of info on this, but does Supercross have a spec tire manufacturer?

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hell no

Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No. Dunlop mainly. Bridgestone and Pirelli are on a few. Hoosier shows up occasionally.

Once a Wanker.., G2G and Senna like this.
  15. swiest152

there is a "factory" tire as well, special extra grippy shit that normal consumer cannot purchase.

Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Dunlop and Pirelli show up with a truck and techs, Bstone & Michelin do not, and I think Hoosier may have but not currently. I'll check and post later

Senna likes this.
  17. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Agreed. Same way McGrath was a SX god and not quite as untouchable in MX

18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

good races. I'm kinda hoping that Roczen wins this one as he hasn't got one by his name yet and he's been solid, as well as coming back from some pretty horrendous injuries. He's riding strong and hopefully will catch a few breaks and finish the season on top.

nice to see the 250 race not a two man show. Crushed for the Martin brothers to both miss out on the main. hope they are ok.

Boman Forklift and skidooboy like this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

No BStones or Michelins in SX, and Hoosier started sponsoring teams last year. This past weekend Dunlop had about 60% grid share, Pirelli had around 35% and Hoosier the rest. And Pirelli got on the box in the 250 final.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

The other guys are like to use their MX33 and Pirelli is using the MX Mid-Soft most of the time