TIRXMOTO Tire Changer

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by ocroadwarrior, Feb 21, 2021.

1. ocroadwarrior

ocroadwarrior Well-Known Member

I purchased this tire changer direcrtly from Tirxmoto wenbsite for $485. I have changed 5 setsw of tires for my ZX10r anD R6. It works as advertised and it serves its purpose as a solution in a tight workspace. I have it mounted on the wall in a single car garage that i dedicate to my motorcycles it is conveniently out of the way until I need it. It would also be a great solution in a trailor at the track.
    Selling for $250 shipped to domestic US only. Paypal is preferred. Friends and family ok.
    Thank you!
    upload_2021-2-21_0-49-32.jpeg

2. ocroadwarrior

Another photo
    upload_2021-2-21_0-51-1.jpeg

3. ocroadwarrior

4. racerx43

racerx43 Well-Known Member

Pretty interesting , does this work on 21 dirt bike rims?

5. codeblue69

codeblue69 Active Member

Sold, I'll take it.

6. ocroadwarrior

Unfortunately it doesn;t work with dirtbike rims, or I would keep it for muy Supermoto. I think that Chuck (the owner inventor) mentions on his website that he is working on an option.

racerx43 likes this.
  7. ocroadwarrior

SOLD!!

racerx43 likes this.
  8. Adam H

Adam H Active Member

I had no clue this existed. It's unfortunate I couldn't claim it in time at that price, but thank you so much for introducing me to it!

9. ocroadwarrior

I was in the same boat. I saw the ad in RRWorld. If I had a race trailer, I would definitely have kept it.

10. DutchWorksMoto

DutchWorksMoto Well-Known Member

Wow this thing is a trick bit of kit. If I knew it would work for all types of bike tires I’d buy it instantly at full price, after spooning on rubber earlier today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

You could piece together what you need to do 17s for alot less $$... not even going to get into how that would work with "cold" tires.
    But what Ive learned... just buy your tires from a trackside vendor and you wont have to worry about doing "tire work" at the track.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Oh Hell yes!!

TurboBlew, PPPope and racerx43 like this.
  13. DutchWorksMoto

DutchWorksMoto Well-Known Member

I do. The purchase of tires doesn't come with mounting at my local tracks, which the fees for are constantly increasing. I'm also working on vintage bikes these days at home so looking at solutions like this that make it not such a hellish job.

I'm in a pricey spot in CA (i.e. the whole state) temporarily and mount and balance is $60 a wheel off the bike at one shop I looked at. Easy to make up the cost for the amount of tires I expect to change the rest of my moto life!

Phl218 likes this.
  14. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Damn you could ship them to me in NJ and ship them back and still save some money. :)

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

What happened to the "crackup" smiley? :crackup::crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  16. twistychaser

twistychaser Well-Known Member

Since this is sold, I'll chime in.

For anyone wanting to change their own tires on a budget:

Harbor freight tire changer $40

Harbor freight motorcycle tire changer attachment
    $40

Marc Parnes Balancer
    $105

Mojo Lever
    $144

Mojo blocks
    $30

Correct size round stock from tractor supply for the center rod (can't remember size that fits through wheel bearings but the one that came with kit was too big)
    $15

For $375 this is a solid setup that also includes an excellent balancing tool.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. mte78

mte78 Well-Known Member

Im in CA too, but $60 per wheel off bike is robbery.

18. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

I’m in CA and $60 is about the going rate

19. mte78

mte78 Well-Known Member

Per wheel!?!

No way in hell I would pay that. I pay $50 for both.

20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

From another thread...

Like someone else, I picked up the Harbor freight setup, and with a few upgrades it has worked flawlessly. I bought the No-mar bar and their lube.

1. I had the white inserts made from 3/4" HDPE, the material they make cutting boards from. I dropped off the measurements at a company that makes HDPE products and had them make 6 for me. 3 to use and 3 spares. It's been 3 years now and I still haven't needed to replace one. Drilled a hole and secured them in their slots with pins. Found out about mojoblocks after I made these but I'm happy with them. Edit: the guy who took my order thought it would be stronger if we left a little meat behind the lip that hooks onto the wheel, so you'll see that difference between my drawing/template and the finished product. He was right.

2. I replaced the center bar that goes through the axles with a simple piece of rod stock.

3. I used a piece of the same rod stock as wheel stop. Just drilled a hole in one of the arms of the tire changer, and it stops the wheel from rotating while changing tires. Its wrapped in black gorilla tape so it doesn't mar the wheel.

4. I drilled a hole through the main stem and placed a removable pin in there to stop the MC adapter from twisting on the base. The other hole you see just above the pin is for my mount that I made for my truck hitch setup.

5. I rigged up the little bungee return to lift the bead breaker and hold it out of the way. I coated the end of the bead breaker in duct tape as well as the leg on that side so it doesn't scratch the wheels. Thought about making a plastic coating for it, but its held up fine for a few years, and I'll just replace it with some fresh layers when its time.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Screenshot_20200604-193516_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021