1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

langcourt or millenium?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by alfauno, May 4, 2004.

1. alfauno

alfauno Member

I'm looking at Langcourt in Alabama and Millenium Tech in Wisconsin to repair my damaged TZ cylinder. Anyone have any preferences or warnings? Both seem capable, and about the same price and turnaround. Thanks for any feedback.

2. throttle

throttle Well-Known Member

BE CAREFUL AT EITHER PLACE.

WHEN YOU GET THE PARTS BACK CHECK THE LIPS OF ALL PORTS.

RMEMBER: PICS BEFORE AND AFTER ARE ALWAYS HELP WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM

3. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

I was sponsored by Millennium in 2000 and had about four cylinders replated by them. They pay very close attention to their portwork. They even repaired a damaged bridge in one cylinder and fixed a crack in another cylinder. They do the port edging before they get plated so the chrome is the same thickness where your rings come across the edge of the ports. Millennium has the best and closest to "factory" chrome cylinder plating around, and they work for you to make sure you are on the grid. I have sent them stuff overnight and had it rechromed and overnighted back before I got my piston kits from one state away ups ground.

MILLENNIUM ROCKS!
    Thanks for helping me win the 2000 125 mid atlantic #1
    Tim Carroll

4. alfauno

alfauno Member

Thanks guys- I sent it off to Millenium. I'll repost if there is any problem. I wasn't able to send a piston with the cylinder (waiting for those parts from my Yamaha dealer) but Millenium told me to just specify the bore, so I did.

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Hey, where you been?

I thought at the least I'd see you and Mike at Summit.

tom

6. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

Shhhhhhhh....... I'm hiding.

7. RB

RB Well-Known Member

When I had my shop going I used Langcourt. I never was really happy with the chamfers and all the threaded holes and other nooks and crannies were always full of bead blasting residue. I don't know if Millenium has the same issues but I would still always recommend chasing the threads.