1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020-2021 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 30, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If they would just give me access to the Tavulia Ranch, I would bring all the beeb's solutions and fix their issues in a few minutes.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Have you let them know you're willing to help out ? :D

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They can't get anyone into the country to do the testing. Crutchlow can't get into Japan to test, the engineers from Japan into Europe . . . they f@cked up big time. F@ck up even bigger then last year.

Sucks for them. lol!

Someone posted about the exhaust being the same. They can change the exhaust all they want. make it a 4 into 24 into 2 or pretty much whatever they want. No ban on that.

BigBird likes this.
  4. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

It's a multi-year freeze? Is that normal or adjsuted to help with covid restrictions? Totally blows for Yamaha

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Covid. Frozen in 2020 and 2021.

Edit: also sucks for Honder. They Hondered again and built a motor for power and around one rider that could tame it. Also screwed the pooch on the chassis but they are able to fix that.

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

It was supposedly just a supplier change on a component that was failing, I guess it was ruled that it violated the freeze but I'm not sure if changing suppliers constitutes development as well.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Honda will really be in trouble if it throws Marquez on the ground again

Phl218 likes this.
  8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The odds of Marquez not winding up on the ground over the course of a season has to be close to zero, assuming he actually rides of course.

badmoon692008 and stk0308 like this.
  9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Tell me you are not the dumb believing Jarvis has anything do with bike development?????

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If he gets on the bike he'll end up crashing a lot, no question.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Happy Birthday Old Man
    [​IMG]

12. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Man, as someone who really wants to cheer for Yamaha, they make it pretty damn hard.

They had Lorenzo as a test rider last year, didn't use him. They finally put him on the bike, he's out of shape and slow because apparently they didn't have any fitness requirements in his contract. (?!?!?!)

Fast forward to today and they've done zero testing, while Bradl has already done a dozen days. Ducati and Aprilia already have extensive tests plans underway as well. Their championship runner up will be on a three year old bike, while the guy who couldn't even finish ahead of Rossi after round two got slotted into the factory team.

My hot take: The Petronas team will defeat the factory team (again) and Yamaha will not win the riders championship (again).

Newyork likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When is the test in Qatar? Crutchlow will be there but then again so will everyone.

14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Quartararo fan, but I've been telling my buddies to watch out for Morbidelli for a couple of years now.

Was really expecting big things from him this year and if not for getting taken out by Zarco and the mechanical DNF, I think he could have won last year.

With the way he performed last year, and riding the same bike, I think hes a legitimate title contender this year. And he's a very likable guy to me. Similar to how Aleix Espargaro and Quartararo make me want to root for them.

Phl218 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

So you're saying that they have a good bike and finished in 2nd place last year :Poke:

16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Agree about Morbidelli is one to watch ... don’t agree that Zarco took him out . Different lines just converged and Morbidelli got the short stick .

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I see Franky and Vale as sort of the anti factory team now. Cast offs on the island of misfit toys.

I'm not making predictions......but it will be interesting to watch and compare those 2 vs the factory boys.

KneeDragger_c69, scottn and nd4spd like this.
  18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

The fact that the 2019 bike is regarded as their best bike is exactly their problem..

SundaySocial likes this.
  19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Maaaaaybe "taken out" was a poor choice of words, even though I think Zarco carried a little more of the blame in the contact :moon:. Not that I think he did anything dirty/malicious/on purpose. I just think a bad entry pushed him wide on the exit of that "kink" IIRC.

Maaaaaybe I should said "if not for the DNF due to the crash involving Zarco":beer:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Nope .. wasn’t a bad entry , he used that same line all race long . It was just a different line than M was using . And Z wasn’t the only one using it . But we discussed this in detail on the thread covering that particular race . Not sure the “ Kiss my Ass” Icon is appropriate. It was just an unfortunate racing incident

lopitt85 likes this.