1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020-2021 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK thought about it. I think he can do it. In for $50.

BigBird likes this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

<shakes hand> AFF bests are the best. You win either way. :beer:

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, Oliveira 4th? :D

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Q.. I saw your post, and I’m sure he will grid up this season . Just not convinced he will ever be the same . Which would be a shame , cuz he was exciting to watch

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If Marc doesn't come back, or his comeback is short lived.......Rossi takes the ship. 2021, year of the old guy. He's gotta get on the Tom Brady diet.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Not going to happen (the diet that is). TB doesn't eat tomatoes. I can't imagine any self respecting Italian not being able to eat tomatoes.

Phl218, BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

If he want's to win......:D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Gotcha. While I’m not much of a fan of his, I think he’s batshit enough to come back just as strong. And dedicated enough to get back in the physical shape required. Until I read that he was back training, I would’ve agreed with you. But it seems his recovery is going well and hell, looking back at some of the things doohan, Lorenzo, etc. have been able to do in the past. I think he’ll be back just as strong.

BigBird and PPPope like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

If only. Maybe Petronas has some secret sauce that he will use to his benefit. Because Yamaha has the 2 riders the fastest dying flame.

Both led the championship at the start of a year for the first few races, and then was to never been seen from again in the lead.

I saw a pic and MM93 was texting with the bad arm. That means he's all healed. He will win the championship by about 90 points.

11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

All Hail Vale!!!!

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You remind me if the Earnhardt fans of the late 90's. :Poke:

13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

F U !!!!!!

14. Dan Dubeau

Q needs a strong mentor in the garage beside him. V is not that guy. I'd like to think that if they get a bit more jam out of that Yamaha they can contend, but I don't know. I'll hold off making any predictions until wheels start rolling. I think it'll be more of the same old from the boys in blue while everybody else makes a step forward again.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I expect nothing different from the BluCrew this year. Hell, they didnt even change their graphics. Engine tech is frozen this year (last years motor). I see them running up front at the usual tracks, but they still havent solved the top speed and traction problem. Going to be dissapointing for sure. I expect the top Yamaha bike to be Morbidelli. He got that old bike working good mid season so I expect it to continue. Other guys are going to be lost.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Last year's motor pre or post sneaky modification?

Phl218 likes this.
  17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

That I am not sure. The mod that got them docked points and grid positions? I dont know the details on that. I just know there is no development allowed this offseason due to Covid. I did see new exhausts from most brands but engines cant have changes.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yamaha is "upgrading" their frame and chassis for 2021 towards what Morbidelli had this last season.

Story is over at Crash.

BigBird likes this.
  19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Interesting read thanks. Wonder why they opted to not do the private testing that the other teams did. Maybe to spend the money making all those test parts? That sounds like a nightmare. Too many data points. Going back to 2016 chassis the last time they had a good base? Yikes! How does Jarvis still have a job is crazy. This team used to be amazing. Hope they can return to glory next year.

BigBird likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sometimes you have to go back to where the fork occurred...like in programming, pretty sure engineering would be the same

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.