1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain that McGuinness won the British 250cc championship in the days when it was a hard series to win. He has some history on"short" circuits. That being said for the bulk of his career he, and many others, have focused more on the roads which impacted their success on mainland tracks. I knew more than a few riders in the '70's/80's who would finish regularly in the top ten at the MGP with pretty damn good lap times but could hardly crack the top ten at a club race on the mainland. Only a very special few have been able to do both with success.

418 and pscook like this.
  2. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

05Yamabomber likes this.
  4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Same.. Keep me posted if you find a link.

RightSideUp and 05Yamabomber like this.
  6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^this^^

7. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I agree with Herrin, about the 11 min mark.

Ducti89 likes this.
  8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Geoff May says he’s putting the band back together. He’s someone we could all donate $10 to for a sponsorship package

AC1108 likes this.
  9. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Anyone else remember early-mid 90’s when there wad 14-15 factory superbikes on the 200 grid?

Mick6R, KneeDragger_c69 and Quicktoy like this.
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes
    Before they shorten the track to help the tires live longer
    And before DMG messed up US roadracing
    And before they repaved the place

stk0308 and ducnut like this.
  11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Before mongo destroyed roadracing

Gino230, Gorilla George, 418 and 2 others like this.
  12. Johnny B

1996 was the last year that the World Superbike teams showed up. Torrential rains caused the race to be postponed a week. It probably cost them a fortune to change their travel plans and they didn't show up the next year.

vizsladog likes this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Shall we list all of the other tracks around the world that factory superbikes no longer run at due to safety concerns? Things change over 25 years.

Gino230 and MELK-MAN like this.
  14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think the 200 is moving in a great direction. A stand alone "event" is just what that race needs to be. Last year left a sour taste in a lot of mouths, but not much they could have really done different given the circumstances. Shitty deal for ALL involved. Big names from past and present gracing the entry list is a good thing. Dunlop coming over is a good thing. That could lead to MORE roads racers coming over, and MORE international notoriety. All good things. Here's hoping this year goes off without a hitch, and it keeps moving in a positive direction.

I've always been an endurance guy, I like the pitstops, I like the attrition factor, I like the 200 and can't wait to watch it this year. It's also a great lighthouse for the racing season ahead.

15. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

Does anybody know if spectators will be allowed to camp at the track?
    I could only find info for competitors, not spectators.

16. Johnny B

Again.

"Update on camping There will be no tent camping available inside the speedway. This means there will not be showers open in the infield or the Rider Owner lot.

To reserve a spot in the R/O lot, you must return this form to Nicole Shinsky ([email protected]) at DIS by February 19th. 2021 R/O Lot Form

To reserve an R/V spot by Lake Lloyd, call 1-800-PitShop."

Over on the Facetubes, some clown was complaining to Kevin Elliot about the cornerworkers sleeping in their cars. He felt they should be renting hotel rooms. I bit my tongue.

Quicktoy and TurboBlew like this.
  17. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

Thanks

18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

The whole thing had been BS from start to present and now the future.

The Todd and R1M370 like this.
  19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Sure, with his credit card.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who was saying "they" should be renting hotel rooms? Kevin or the clambake? The organizers renting and paying for the hotel rooms? Or the cornerworkers?

L8RSK8R likes this.