1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mexico is calling... and I must answer

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 12, 2021.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My Yurrip, Kenya, Colombia and Brazil trips have all been cancelled. Looks like Mexico is the only remaining viable option for me to find a little adventure, even though I've already done it. Gonna load my KLR onto the pickup truck, drive to San Diego, park the truck at a friend's house and ride south all the way to Guatemala, Belize, Nicaragua, etc. Not sure if I can enter those countries, but I'm going to try.

Looking to depart San Diego right around March 10. If anyone wants to join for any or all, hit me up. It will be around 5-6 weeks total. Camping when possible, otherwise cheap hotels and tacos. I'll probably end up solo, but just throwing it out there :)

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Brave. Cool as f@ck, but brave.

turbulence, BigBird and redtailracing like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have fun and be careful. We still haven't found Jim Race.

4. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I have a buddy that's been doing the van life thing through Mexico the last couple of years and if his Instagram feed is any indication, he's not having any trouble moving around.

backbone and BigBird like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I might consider Cancun, Tulum....but elsewhere, mehhh not so much.

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

One of my Bay Area friends occasionally uses my place as a layover or truck parking for this exact thing. But he only goes for a week and maybe only ~200mi south. All the way to other countries is def an adventure. Keep us posted on fun times.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Bring me back some weed.

9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Tequila!!

Enjoy, I don't have the time, money, or balls to join you. Start a thread when you get down there so we can live vicariously through you.

BigBird, dave3593, TX Joose and 2 others like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why? Not like you can't just go downtown to the potstore and pick up a few pounds legally.

cpettit likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If you want to add some new flavor...ride all the way down Baja and take the ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan.

12. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Friend of mine did that a couple years ago. May have been a little south of where you’re headed. Hit a goat in the road at speed. Broke his leg and borked the bike. Sold the bike to his orthopedic surgeon down there as partial payment, and flew home!

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It seems that the safety thing has improved dramatically over the past few years.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'll pass thru that area on the way up or down. I want to ride to the Yucatan tip.

BigBird and K51000 like this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, that's the plan. I did it several years ago, too.

backbone and BigBird like this.
  16. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Can I have your RZ?

motion, Phl218 and Sabre699 like this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:beer: Why dont you just buy it with all your GME winnings.

BigBird, turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not in Texas.

I haven't touched the stuff hardly at all in this millennium. I wouldn't even know where to find it around here.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Just ask a 16 - 20yo...you would only have to ask 2 or 3 to find some, I'm sure.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

How much $$ you anticipating this trip will run you?