1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Zev makes some real nice slides , but they like a lot of manufacturers only do 9mm Glocks .. and I like real man calibers .. :D

2. motoracer1100

I have not decided 100 % percent , but most likely , Rock your Glock .com “ Ranger” cut is the one I will have done on the .45

3. I know it will be wrong so I’ll either sell it or just keep it, since I hardly ever get rid of guns it will probably go with the rest.

4. You shouldn’t have any.

5. Been looking for a 43 but can’t find one quick locally.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Oh, I know that strategy. She still hasn't shot the .308 or the Walther P22 I bought for her. I do enjoy them.

7. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Gorilla , gonna go with infinity on both questions , with that said as a just a poor man , for me its 2 hand guns for me and one one for the wife along with 2 12 gauge pumps just in case of a close quarters and 2 rifles with a copius amount of brass and buckshot Sir .

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

:beer:

motoracer1100 likes this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Haha! This is amusing to me because I'm literally in the exact same boat. My next optic will be the Razor Gen II 3-18 to go on my scar because well... he monch optics. So I won't put anything but a Vortex on it. It's currently just got a lower end Vortex on it that came off another gun. I know some other brands have great warranties too but Vortex is the one you always hear about from other people, basically the snap on of the optic world - you could find the shit beaten and battered lying next to the road and they'd still replace no questions asked.

And yes, you are correct about Eotech, holographic only as far as I know but they effectively work the same as a red dot for the user with a couple trade offs. Aimpoint is top notch but similar price range to Eotech. But honestly both are still in the same price range as Vortex, Leupold, and Trijicon for red dots, all usually somewhere around $500. Eotech and Aimpoint just don't make pistol red dots that I'm aware of (which I suppose was the original topic but since when do we stay on topic around here? :D). I really want to try the Leupold D-Evo setup just to see what it's like but for $1200, it's a bit pricey to just try out, especially considering the other things I'd rather have first. If you haven't looked at a D-Evo, check it out. Crazy stuff.

10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Call or email Scott at liberty optics when you are ready to buy. There might be a wait to get it from vortex if it's not in stock but you'll get a deal on it.

11. redtailracing

Liberty Optics? Haven't heard of them. Will have to check them out.

12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

the website sucks but he's legit

13. redtailracing

Sweet. I've been trying to keep an eye on Sportsman's Warehouse to get one back in stock as I have a 20% off coupon, $350 in rewards, and a credit card that'll give me 5% back, which effectively makes it less than $1k but the coupon expires at the end of this month so if I don't see one back in stock there by then, I'll probably just buy elsewhere and use my rewards on ammo.

14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

They are certainly not in the same price range lol The Vortex red dots I have are the Venom, Viper and SPARC. All range from like $180-$230 or something like that. Hell I can't even tell the difference between the Viper and Venom. Besides one having a 6 MOA dot and the other a 3 MOA, I can't tell any difference in quality/performance. But I can't see myself spending $500 on a red dot, which is why I doubt I'll ever buy a Eotech or Trijicon...or Aimpoint if you say that's similarly priced.

15. Many thanks for the info. Perhaps I should have done some research before buying it. I just wanted something optic-ready, and it was all they had at the time.

If this DeltaPoint doesn’t fit perfectly, I will likely shitcan the whole idea and send it off to he modified. There are some companies doing some really cool tactical builds with Glocks.

16. redtailracing

The first 2 are pistol red dots. I was referring to rifle red dots as I don't think Eotech even makes a pistol red dot. I did forget about the Sparc though. I was think of the Vortex UH-1 red dot when I said that, which is in that $500 range.

17. redtailracing

You? research? not impulse buy? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

sbk1198 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. :crackup:

I sometimes do research. The problem is I don’t do it until after I’ve already bought it. :D

sbk1198 likes this.
  19. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

With all this talk of large caliber rifles and custom handguns lets head another direction.

Obviously ammo is absurd right now. To compound that my wife is pregnant (ob says to minimize shooting...) So we're looking for a cheaper 22lr handgun as a tool for her to keep a good trigger finger and save some cash at the range until little one arrives and ammo prices settle. Anyone have a 22lr pistol they recommend?

She prefers a full size pistol because of recoil. So I have been looking at the GSG Firefly 1911 in 22lr. I pushed for an airsoft or pellet gun but she says they're useless.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

20. motoracer1100

Yeah .. I didn’t do my research till after I bought it .. knowing what I know now I would have gotten the non MOS version.

Gorilla George likes this.