1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I've definitely found more accuracy in my pistols, ESPECIALLY my magnums. The prize for me was taking my grandfather's snub nose 38 and finding one load that was just magic. I never thought I could have made that gun "accurate". I know most people don't care about making their pistols accurate, but I enjoyed (haven't gone shooting with them in a long time) seeing what I could do with my magnums at 100y. One of these days I'll get a nice scope for my 460 and actually hunt with it. That's a solid 200y handgun.

Thankfully, I've never had a squib. :p I only use a single stage and really take my time. One case at a time.

2. Handgun for the wife, recommendations? I’m too lazy to search.

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Take her to a range that rents guns and let her try a bunch.
    My ex has smaller hands, but ended up shooting the HK-VP9 and Sig-229 pretty well.
    She didn't like the Sig-365, nor the Ruger LCP which seem to be "chick guns" based on some circles.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Usually squibs aren't a big deal, until they are. Oof.

My pistol shooting is typically on the fast and furious side no more than 20 yards or so. I can see why you'd want to dial in a hunting pistol or anything you want to be accurate more than 30 yards out.

The A zones in this are all I cared about. The head A zone was only an issue if the main A zone was hidden behind a "hostage".

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Sig 365. Get one and never think about it again.

6. That’s the issue, it’s a Valentine’s Day gift, I don’t really care if she doesn’t 100% like it and I have to sell it (or modify and keep it for me) and get her something else. No time for range even when we are out together. Should’ve said I’m a sig guy in general and like my Glocks for their purpose. I know my p320 has way too big of a grip for her to get comfortable. I’m ok with a single stack but would prefer not.

7. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

S&W Shield EZ.
    Comes in 9mm and .380
    I have the 9 for my wife and she loves it.
    Super easy to rack the slide and it has tabs on the magazine to make reloading a breeze.

8. Well f me, I just “bought” one at Cabelas’s for pick up tomorrow. Wasn’t much selection and worst case I can cancel my purchase but wanted to have something secure as we are headed for dinner right by there Friday. I put myself in a poor situation with poor planning but oh well. They do have a Walther A4 Tac M4 available new as well. Never owned one or and SW for that matter but the Walther looks more fun for me :)

Triple X likes this.
  9. Well I’m off to go interrupt some coyotes while the are trying to get some ass. Almost makes me feel bad :), low of 46 means I’ll probably fall asleep up in the stand.

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

So for me to go spend a couple hours there was a few reasons, one for 5.56 I was completely out and I'm building my first ar,
    I also didn't have any 22lr. Second was cost, 22lr is 20+ cents a round online vs 4 cents in the store. 556 is 80 cents online and 50 in store plus no shipping cost.
    I also plan to shoot my stuff and not just hord it.

Most of the others are just stockpiling because they think something crazier is going to happen or that new gun laws with make stiff banned. So honestly I just think they are bored and found a new hobby

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's a good gun, really small actually

Triple X likes this.
  12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup:I’ll bet , you already have 3 or 4 of these stashed somewhere and just don’t remember :D

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

What twist rate and brand barrel do you have?

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I recall talking to an old gunsmith a few years back about inspecting brass and from what I remember, he said he looks for a seam to form on the brass. When it does, the brass is effectively done. This sound right to you?

15. redtailracing

Thanks man! didn't realize it was that easy.

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, that "hardware" in their name doesn't give away that fact.....:crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. redtailracing

What Jed said. Some women struggle getting their hands around a bigger pistol and others can't manage the recoil of smaller pistols. So it's very much personal. Can't think of a single pistol that I think works well for women across the board. Though a Glock G43 is probably a good start.

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Case head separation and loose pockets are the usual end of life symptoms for brass. Also cracked necks and the loss of the brass' ability to hold size and/or neck tension.

Jed likes this.
  19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

For what? Range or CCW? Very different requirements. I don't see your wife edc aVP9. As others have said micro minis have a lot of recoil and require very good wrist control and hand placement.

20. redtailracing

Ah didn't see your other responses before I made my previous one but I had forgotten about the EZ. Seems like a very good gun and great for females. Handled one a couple times and it's big enough to mitigate some recoil but small enough grip for small hands and as someone else said, easy to rack. Good buy.

Triple X likes this.