1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preparing for lengthy hospital stay....what do I buy/bring/need?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

@SpeedyE you are one hard-core motherfucker!! Simon and I are praying for a complete recovery. The world needs more people like you!!

cav115, tl1098 and Buell1965 like this.
  2. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

So glad to see you still posting in here.
    You're a bad-ass.
    Keep at it!

cav115 likes this.
  3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Awesome! Maybe I should send some of the 25+ years of Playboys to him.... oh wait, he's had his stroke already....!

Buell1965 likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Different kind of stroke.

Buell1965 likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Hang in there.

There's a reason people say "Pull through" ....they're grabbing the rope to help you recover.

6. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Literally just woke up @2pm and took plethora of important pills, slept maybe 2 hours (noon-2pm).....head jaw swelling increse all day, bind-bending pain, insane pain, whaking in bed mediatating pain. Woke up at 2pm, minimal pain.....my brain in 'pain fired' righ now.
    Must go back and lay down, mediated panick and try to sleep.....horrific day/night....everything wonderfu now.
    Thill havenet had brain to read messages (+ Papa), VERY sorry....must go go back to bed.

Just Wanted to let everyone know I was OK....and will be OK...... I promise.
    I will read/post update after sleep/ge-gear brain after loegnthy incredible pain.

Thank/Love you guys.
    I will be OK.... <3 !!!!

ToofPic, MCW, _indy and 4 others like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Man, say "sorry" one more time and see what happens… :mad:

Jed, Shenanigans and R Acree like this.
  8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Breathe, sleep, breathe, sleep. We love you, and are here.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It is tough for them, Mom had an episode where she reacted to a pain med. Thought they were going to kill her. We apologized to the nurse telling her she really was one of the sweetest people you would ever meet. Nurse said it happens and don't tell her once she came down (family tradition once she was out we told her and picked on her). Good on you though for being nice to them. It has to be tough for them to see some folks suffer.

Now heal up BITCH! the herd has commanded.

R Acree likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Oh and not 'your kind' of raccoon but thought you might like him still raccon_friend.jpg

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah hell, find me one and I'll sort it out.

Also have to figure out a way to make it so only you can use it :D

Speedy - do what Papa said and stop stressing over shit you can't fix right now. It'll work out one way or another and you can't do shit about it, accept that, it's not a bad thing. Fix what you can when you can and keep on moving on. Too many critters need you long term so don't screw yourself over short term. In the meantime stop apologizing and don't stop posting here. Venting is good. Hell, venting is great, that's one reason I love Evelyne, she understands that and lets me do so which saves me from going off on other people (downside is some people don't get she is a total badass and think I'm being mean to her). Post the good the bad and the stupid, it's all good, we'll respond in kind :crackup:

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hey, Speedy... this little guy dropped by to check on you this morning...

[​IMG]

13. SpeedyE

Just need to finally post this....been meaning to fr a couple+ months, but never feeling quite well enuff.
    That you my Beeb Family, my moto-Family, My Wera Fraternity....Thank you for all the SUPPORT through posts, through pm's and even through 'security' animals/blankets/etc.
    EVERYTHING has helped me get this FAR!!!! I LOVE all of you GUYS!!! and GALS!!!!

Depending on what kind of morning I was having (stress + procedural stress) would dictate the animal gift I would carry into cancer hospitality.
    Everyone was very Very important to me.....Thank you ALL for everything <3 !!!

3.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 8.JPG 6.JPG 5.JPG

JCW, Gorilla George, sdiver and 9 others like this.
  14. SpeedyE

Physical/Medical updates.
    Problems w/ the Lymphodema/swelling/fixing. Can they get the lymphodema un-infected & un-swollen before I run out of breathing? Is the lypho/swelling compressing arteries giving me strokes? They trying to figure it out before I run out of breath.
    The last lap is down to pure red-tape, and luck. There is no, "Hang in there" "Be strong" "You can do this" .....That was chemo/radiation.....At this point it is all luck.....Bad luck is what got me to this point, Pray I quickly get some good luck.
    Thank you, and love you all.

sdiver, cBJr, Buell1965 and 8 others like this.
  15. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

prayers up for you Speedy

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, wishing you the best of luck, then. With a sprinkle of good karma, good juju, and all that.

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good Luck, SpeedyE!

18. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Praying for good luck Speedy!

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Prayers sent Speedy.

20. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member