1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

GME at 280 and AMC at 16.50 right now ...

Use stocktwits to help keep tabs on price when the apps crash. :)

2. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Guess I should of picked up amc the other day.

thrak410 likes this.
  3. thrak410

Its crazy ... just pull a report on which stocks have the highest short interest, and monitor it closely. Whats happening now is a short raid attack with GME being the craziest. It was 138% shorted as of yesterday...

BB and BBBY are on the list too and look at them go in the last week. I'm + 25% on BBBY and + 35% on BB right now.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Back in march I almost bought some Blackberry stock at around $5, because I was only investing in Canadian companies (don't want to pay the$$$ exchange on my platform), but didn't really think i'd see much value or long term growth from them....Damn. Would have only been a couple hundred bucks @$5, but still......it's @$27.40 now.

All this manipulation is going to cause a bunch of heartache for some greedy people who have no clue what they're doing though. On the flipside It's going to make some people very rich if they get off the ride in time :D. I'll watch from the sidelines, as I'm pretty sure I'm too late to the party.

SuddenBraking, thrak410 and RRP like this.
  5. thrak410

Technically, this isn't manipulation, its the opposite. ;) Whats been done to us prior is the manipulation by market makers.

notbostrom, Phl218 and NemesisR6 like this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yep, and non-institutional investors are tired of it. I can't tell you how many tens of thousands I've lost over the years on IPO buys. Everything gets hoovered up while I'm sleeping and before the market opens. Great to see people sticking it to these greedy wall street bastards.

thrak410 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Since getting burned by Go-Pro (I didn't buy on the first week it traded but still early enough to be considered an IPO stock), I bookmark IPOs into a fake portfolio and monitor them until they crash.

8. Transocean (RIG) is up 37% today, and up 68% over the past month.

upload_2021-1-27_11-45-57.jpeg

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I got in on amc last year but I never buy enough:mad:

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine was in on Gamestop near the bottom last year, but got out at $37. He's still in shock at what is happening to it now.

11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I dont think Nokia, AMC and Bedbath will work the same way as GME.

GME worked because everyone got behind a single stock and wallstreet figured everyone was going to bail out for small profits.

Now people are getting "greedy" and putting money behind a bunch of different stocks. And seeing how much money got lost by Melvin, they will probably cover their short for s small (not catastrophic) loss instead of hoping the reddit kids back down.

12. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

GME also had/has a historic short rate at ~140% of the entire float, so the shorts had/have their backs against the wall. NOK, AMC and BBBY also have high short rates, but nowhere near as crippling as GME.

rafa likes this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

GME = world's biggest game of musical chairs. I can't find a put spread with the mid strike at the current price. The highest strike is 320.

14. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Is this also what happened at the start of June 2020? I had a few of my stocks (and saw it in others I was watching) make a rapid spike upwards for no apparent reason, and then over the course of a couple days went back to "normal". Never really understood why.

16. noles19

One dude on reddit has a 1000x return on gme to the tune of 50 million dollars:confused:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And he still owns that shit?

18. noles19

He's still in...

19. thrak410

Well I was +22% today at the bell, but Tesla and Apple took a dump so its not quite that high anymore... over all, good day again :D

Everyone should be buying GME and sticking it to these arrogant hedge fund managers who think we need more regulation and maybe its foreign powers (gasp!). They play the game and its OK but when the people play back they need the SEC to step in.

20. noles19

The sec is apparently very interested in the reddit threads leading this haha