1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohvale vs rs/tz150r for Training

Discussion in 'General' started by Foolius, Oct 16, 2020.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I'm always amazed when someone who is 5'6" has issues with the size of an Ohvale. Not that that is anything wrong with your feelings on it...but I'm personally 5'11" and can ride them all day. At your height I'm just really surprised you feel that way. We've sold A LOT of bikes to people over 5'9" and up...

Regardless, stay tuned...the new 2021 model will be released soon and will solve everyone's woes on sizing...if it doesn't then those people that complain are also probably the same people that sit up on a straight away. :)

2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Not more powerful...but better all around! We listened to everyone who said the current offering was a little too small for them.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  3. Marcos415

Marcos415 Well-Known Member

For kids, absolutely I agree 100 percent. However as an adult trying to shoe horn my way onto a mini sport bike I wouldn’t exactly call it “body position” training. My Kayo puts a tremendous amount of pressure on my wrists compared to my RC390. Like it’s been said in this thread skills transfer from bike to bike, plenty of pro riders train on flat track, MX, SUMO, etc

4. tett

tett Well-Known Member

Frankly, I'd be surprised if anyone went to the kart track and had a bad time no matter what they took to ride. All of the possibilities in this thread will make you giggle before you wear yourself out and have to stop from exhaustion. Not to distract from the training theme for the serious folks, but all of the suggested bikes are grins. If you have something that fits on the track, take it out there and check it out.

DmanSlam, Hotfoot, Blammo and 2 others like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You'll giggle for sure but a 450 will absolutely exhaust you after about 15-20 minutes

DmanSlam and TurboBlew like this.
  6. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I had no issues fitting on it. I just like my FS450 alot better. If i had a whole day with the ohvale i'm sure i'd like it alot more but i don't want to crash my buddies ohvale before he does so i'm not inclined to push it, although they def feel better the harder you push

7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Interesting. Considering an Ohvale for just cheap track time in Q1 2021. Never ridden a kart track. Looks like fun. I am 5'9" and 195 pounds so wondering about performance of the Ohvale. I am not thrilled spending $7K on a practice bike.

8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

well the 190 is stupid fast for its size. i think i'd buy a 160 if it was my money. but wait to see what they release in 2021 before buying unless you get a solid deal on a used one. remember even if you buy a used 110 and don't like the lack of power you can buy a 160 or 190 motor too. i've also ridden an auto 110 ohvale and its much quicker than you expect.

05Yamabomber likes this.
  9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Thanks Joe, I have never seen a used one in the US market. But I was looking at the smaller motors just to save some $$ and wondering if they would be too underpowered.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

under powered is what you want for a training bike... Ive found the best racing is the stock classes.
    Usually if a guy picks up speed from 1 event to the next its because he was shopping J parts...lol. All the does is make them faster on the straights...

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The best possible cart track experience is for everyone to be on a Crf100. After the inevitable multi-bike pileup, just hop on the closest machine and keep going.

Ducti89 and TurboBlew like this.
  12. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

FYI (to @05Yamabomber as well): Only the 110/160s engines are interchangeable since they are made by the same manufacturer. The 190 daytona engine has a different manufacturer and a few small differences (engine mounts) and, thus, a different chassis.

@05Yamabomber, there are a couple of 190s and 160s for sale right now, used, this off-season. May have to travel though. I have a used 190 (2018). Also had a 2019 190 that I just sold. Bought them both used in 2020.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  13. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I agree with Brandon. Get your ass to mars (movie quote from "Total Recall"). Translation: get your abs to the gym and work that core!

14. jdavis6446

jdavis6446 Well-Known Member

I would appreciate suggestions for cart tracks in the Phoenix area.
    Thanks

15. joec

joec brace yourself

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I like that scheme too. But I wanted a tribute to Nicky and Evil Knievel.

He’s the OG on those stripes with the stars in them.

joec likes this.
  17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Base motor mounts should be the same across all three, Honda 50/70 pattern. Hard to find pics of the GP-O without the fairings, but from what I can see the only other motor mount is a cylinder stay tying onto the Honda 50/70 pattern skid plate bosses. I have seen some variation in placement there when the clone motors were just hitting the scene, but based on the frame design I see you wouldn't make a new frame, you'd just make a tweaked stay. And really, that isn't needed, those motors are designed to be entirely supported by their two rear bolts. It looks like all three motors are using KLX pattern exhausts, so no issues there. Peg mounts are not being used for pegs, so the variation in widths due to different clutch cover designs again shouldn't be an issue.

18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I did an 8 hour endurance race on a buddy’s bike in Cali. It was a blast!

JBall likes this.
  19. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Ohvale GP2, for the win. An adult can fit comfortably on the bike.

20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Anyone else have more info about the Tianda TDR 300? They have a smokin price right now for $3995 out the door. Watched an onboard video of marcel ernie. Looked fun. Seems the frame would be a little bigger than the Ohvale for the bigger guys looking for a training bike on the cart tracks.