1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beeb's Best Recipes

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Oct 27, 2015.

1. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

for pork I really like mixing 50% saltwater and 50% pineapple juice along with a good dose of black pepper. Brine at least overnight in the fridge and then I smoke the on my Traeger(ish)

Gino230 likes this.
  2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

^^^ Add ginger w/coriander and some wasabi to the brine and BOOM

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Penne Alla Vodka

2 tbs of olive oil
    1 lb of penne
    1/2 lb of prosciutto, chopped
    6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    2 cans of whole peeled San marzano tomatoes, puréed
    Basil leaf
    2 tbs of crushed red pepper
    1/2 cup of vodka
    4 tbs of kosher salt
    1-1/2 cup of heavy cream
    2 tbs of butter
    1/4 cup of water you cooked the noodles in, divided in half
    -Italian parsley and Parmesan cheese, as you prefer.

-Heat a large pan at medium-high with the 2 tbs of olive oil.
    -When it’s up to temp (put the bottom of a wooden spoon in the oil, if there are bubbles around the wood it’s ready) put the prosciutto in and cook to 90%.
    -Put the garlic and basil leaf in and cook until garlic is slightly golden and fragrant. Prosciutto should also be done at this point
    -Take the pan off heat and pour in the vodka. If you’re still under heat, you might have a flare up.
    -Return to heat and cook until vodka is mostly reduced
    -Pour in puréed tomatoes, take out the basil leaf, and stir in the crushed red pepper.
    -Stir every 10 minutes or so, scraping the bottom so you don’t burn anything on the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat a little if you need to as you just want a simmer.
    -Cook until the sauce is thick and when you run your spoon or chosen utensil across the bottom of the pan, the sauce holds a little before leveling out. Be patient because you don’t want a watery mess.
    -When you’re ready, add the heavy cream to the sauce and mix in well. Reduce heat to low.
    -Add 4 cups of water to a pot, add the 4tbs of salt, and heat at high until water is boiling.
    -Add penne to water and reduce heat to medium. The penne is done when it’s still slightly al dente.
    -warm another saucepan over low heat and add half of sauce. Put in half of the noodles in each sauce pan.
    -Add 1 tbs of butter to each pan and as it melts it will thicken sauce.
    - add each half of the divided noodle water to each saucepan as this will help the sauce stick to the noodles.

You’re done. I finely chop Italian parsley and grate Parmesan cheese on the finest side of the grater. I then sprinkle both on top of my plated dinner. Not everyone likes it that way, so it’s up to you. I also make garlic bread to sop up the sauce afterwards. This takes a while, though, so just a heads up. It’s usually 2.5 to 3 hours in total.

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Wasabi? I never thought about that to a Boar loin. I make a gallon of brine mix. how much are you adding? I would think to much would take away the flavor. I love Wild game over anything store bought.
    This is my Brine that I use.
    1 cup kosher salt
    1 cup sugar
    1 gallon of water
    2 tbsp. minced garlic
    4-6 bay leaves / 4 – 6 sprigs of fresh herbs
    1/2 Yellow onion

My recipe is 1 cup Kosher salt, 1 cup brown sugar to 1 gallon of water. I would heat up a couple of quarts of water, then add the salt and sugar, stir until dissolved. Then add enough ice water to make a gallon. Then then add in 4-6 bay leaves and a couple of table spoons of minced garlic. ( the kind that's already minced in the jar.) Add half cut Yellow onion. Add enough ice to bring the temp down quickly and keep the temp around 40 degrees. Just before smoking, rinse off, put on rub and smoke away.

JCW likes this.
  5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

use about a half a teaspoon of wasabi for every lb of meat. And a teaspoon of FRESH ground ginger total. Mix the two in the brine well before adding it to the pork. Coriander however you like to sprinkle heavy or light

Gino230 and r6fast like this.
  6. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

what we got for these bad boys i just got.... everybody knows real mustard comes in a toothpaste tube lol
    rsz_20210123_224507.jpg

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That Lowensenf extra Scharf is my shit. I’d brush my teeth with it.

pfhenry likes this.