1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: Honda VFR750 project

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by YoshiHNS, Aug 10, 2020.

1. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Dad bought it because he was bored or something. Salvaged title. 51k miles. I went through the carbs and had it running fine. Plastics are rough all around. Levers and foot controls should be replaced. Matching red mirrors are damaged, but I have a set of stock black mirrors for it. Will go through it again to get it running before sale. Has bar risers. Inspirational pic attached of first round of mods of my build. 1098 subframe mount kits available.

$600
    Cleveland, OH

More pics

Attached Files:

bilet69 and d_alexand like this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

'94? Title rebuilt salvage or does it still need inspected?

3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

1995. Salvage, not rebuilt.
    I do have another 4th gen VFR that was absolutely destroyed by a college squiddie. Looks like garbage, but he promised me he was doing 200mph all the time on it. Never bothered to take a close look to see what parts were good enough to swap over. Uploaded a few pics of that bike to the 95 picture album. Maybe the upper fairings are better condition, and the turn signals are there.

4. MLlorens

MLlorens Active Member

Let me know if I can stop by to see it this weekend. Preferably Sunday. You can call or text 440-502-9886. Thanks.

5. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

In Erie, PA like to come buy some stuff...
    still have bike and items???

6. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Still have everything. PM sent.

7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

you should teach Dad a lesson and make him put back together what he took apart.

KevinT707 likes this.
  8. blown9746

blown9746 Well-Known Member

that project of yours looks super cool

9. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Thanks. I've sat on the parts and drawings for a decade now. Dreaming of having it done this year. Got a killer deal on a set of forged R1 wheels. Buddy convinced me to ditch the 848 wheel and turn it up to 11
    :rock:

[​IMG]

NemesisR6, SpeedOfSound and geoduch like this.
  10. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

Are you getting rid of the vfr swing arm and wheel?

11. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I'm going to keep the VFR swingarm and 848 wheel setup as a spare or for another project, if that's what you're asking. Maybe swap over to my hawk.

12. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

That is what I was asking. Thank you

13. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

What is the 95 picture album that has pics of the destroyed college squiddie bike? I shouldn't be but am interested.

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Not sure what I'm doing with the white spray paint bike yet. I've had it running despite the looks.
    I swiped the spindle assembly and put it on my hawk to get an 8 spoke on the hawk. Thought of using engine for big bore project, but haven't seen it through yet. Another one dad out a lowball bid on and unexpectedly won. Have a title, but the seller never transferred it in his name from that PO, and I didn't notice he wrote his name on the title when I picked it up. Never tried to see if the BMV would care if I filled in my name instead.
    If you really want it, send a PM.

15. Urbanengineer

Urbanengineer New Member

PM’ed... looking for a Reliability Rally Bike :).

16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

How much for the 8 spoker?:)

17. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

That has a new home for now.
    [​IMG]

18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Sweet, that looks really good on a hawk

19. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

SOLD! Along with the white squiddie one.

irwnn likes this.
  20. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Thanks for the flexibility Friday morning - rest of the trip went well. Better yet, I got permission from my wife tonight to start looking for a street bike!