1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spirit Airlines

Discussion in 'General' started by acorn27, Dec 22, 2020.

1. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Flew Spirit from Orlando to NOLA with my two kids over New Years.
    $67 ea, plus $40 for one checked bag. No issues. No Delays. Service was good.
    I think there is an unwritten rule though with all airlines: Single dad traveling with two kids = free drinks
    3rd flight in a row this has occurred!

BigBird, bleacht and acorn27 like this.
  2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. Full stop. Some people pay more for a fancy coffee from the airport Starschmucks than they do for their discount airline plane ticket and then get all pissy because they do not get first class treatment.

I just do not understand why they take their anger out on the airport staff and flight attendants. I could not work one of those jobs unless they let me use an asp and taser... :D

BigBird, Gino230, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wish more would check the carryon size, the shit people bring on the plane to avoid paying for bags is ridiculous.

ronin1052, BigBird, beac83 and 3 others like this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, I really do not understand that. Dragging that much shit thru the airport is a pain in the ass. If the baggage fee is going to make a difference then you should have probably stayed home...

ronin1052 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  5. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Nailed it..

In this era of trying to save as much money as possible, I can't believe you'd have tones of standards on cheap air fares !?! :rolleyes:

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Just fly Southwest (DUH). Check 2 bags free!

SteveThompson likes this.
  7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

After reading this thread, I spent 2 hours on Youtube the other night watching Arthur TV....Airline Passengers Losing Their Shit. People are assholes.....

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And the fare will probably be the same after all of spirit's bs charges

BigBird, Gino230 and SuddenBraking like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nothing is free, it just isn't disclosed.

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I never understood being unkind to the folks at the airport. They can make or break your trip with a few key clicks.
    I once was behind a guy berating the gate attendant for whatever the issue was.
    When I got up to the desk, I apologized for the dimwit and asked if I could get the attendant some coffee or maybe a drink. They laughed, and I nicely requested assistance in getting to my destination on time. I was put in First, and the attendant said: I gave you his seat. He's not going anywhere today. :D

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think because some people are really not in control of themselves. They are and will always be failures in their lives. Count your blessings that you're not one of them.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That is always a good way to approach it. I have gotten many upgrades, hotel rooms and moved on to partner airlines to make connections and get where I am going on time just for comments like "sorry you have to deal with clowns like that" and then letting them know where I needed to be and following it up with "I know this is a hassle. Anything you can do is appreciated." I have never seen anything good come from being cunty with the gate agent.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's like insulting your waiter before your last dish has made it to the table. Just not very smart. :D

BigBird and beac83 like this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Or telling the race director to piss off on Saturday morning of a race weekend. :D

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My brother and I had a similar situation. We were in Seattle trying for Chicago and all flights were cancelled due to icing. We waited in a very long line and the lady in front of us went off on the ticket agent and was informed that there were no flights going anywhere for her. We get up to the counter and remark that we were sorry she had to deal with the asshole and asked when she thought we might be able to get a flight near Chicago. she asked if we minded an hour layover in Reno. Since we had never been to Reno, we said that would be fine. Our flight was one of the first out. It pays to be nice.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

17. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

When you shop based on a price point, how can you get upset when you purchase the cheapest thing? It fit YOUR criteria perfectly.

TurboBlew likes this.