1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’ll never forget hearing Barney in the Daytona 200 YEARS ago while smoking a cigarette under a red flag and Factory Kawi Racer Tony Meiring looked at him and said something stupid like you know those things will slow you down and I’ll never forget hearing Barney as he blew out a puff of smoke “I’m beating your factory ass aren’t I?”
    Omg was fucking awesome lol.

I wanna say 04 and he was on a Prieto bike but not 100%

Black89, JBall, VFR#52 and 5 others like this.
  2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

unless he's in a supermoto race :D

"coming through bitches!"

I tried to link to a time in the video, but the forum software stripped my link. He does a "mild" stuffing around 2:58

mdub048 and turbulence like this.
  3. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Rubbins racin!

Oh wait...

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

A bit off topic, but has anybody located the BSB 600ss rules package for 2021? It's the FIM pilot program allowing the Triumph 765 and the Duc 959 into 600ss. I'm curious how they're balancing the bikes.

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

JA did not get the famed Attack performance swing arm, he is running the same one as the Wesby team (Suter)

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I have known the Mesas for many years, Stefano is an incredible talent. That family races with more heart than the other half of the paddock combined. They are some hard working people. With all the riding Stefano does, it’s kind of hard to squeeze in 150 miles a week on a bicycle, and still earn a living! More than anyone, I wish there was enough support around to put them in a proper program. If I ever hit the powerball- there will be a spot in my semi for them!

7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I don’t know them, but I see him riding on my social media like, ALL the time. Hard not to like a dude who spends that much time on a bike. It’s like, if it’s got two wheels he’d race it.

2OLD2BFAST likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Not sure if anyone mentioned it earlier but isn't Stefano donating a organ to his dad about now? And what's the recovery time for that?

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Wut? That's news.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, it was on RRW and talked about some here back at the end of last season. Don't remember the scheduled surgery date tho.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Dang, good luck to both!

14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Mesa maybe his so called fade may be due to his amount of time in Dunlops and that he hasn't had the time on them as I know he races Pirellis at the club races.
    I know they are way different tires as far as feel goes.
    So if I'd have point to the reason that would be it.
    Little dude hauls ass and deserves a good ride or sponsorship to help him run whole series.
    Super nice racing family.
    I mean seriously it dont get more dedicated that the whole Mesa family when it comes to racing.

Steven

2OLD2BFAST and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

16. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

This is what I remember as well.

17. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened yet , complications slowed it down.

Gino230 likes this.
  18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Barney used to grid up in the back and have a smoke waiting for the 2 board LOL I swear our old starter used to wait till he was done to throw the flag

Scuba Steve and Quicktoy like this.
  19. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

my first track days he was on the little bike at PBIR back in 2009. I watched him progress to the 600 and liter bikes he grew up having to try to race Dwyer, McLean, pony, Bruno Silva, Santiago, plus Dane westby Geoff would always be in tow or some champ from South America. I forgot a ton of local talent.

He fucked a LOT of people up in the shootouts in Florida. People don’t realize how much everyone put into winning those. People would roll in with semis and crews and the locals threw down. The pros could win sometimes. but not without a fight. I saw more than one pack up and leave before the shootout not worth the risk of losing to a local.

I remember Mesa showing Up with his fam in a pickup their trailer had an issue and McLean and several other semis were there and he cleaned house and left. Was fucking epic.

2OLD2BFAST, VFR#52 and Quicktoy like this.
  20. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

That is awesome I watched him ride a lot in Florida so little effort he put into the bike. Some of the best advice I ever got was him teaching someone else to go quick on used tires and I over heard lol

VFR#52 and Quicktoy like this.