1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used car guys....what's up??

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jan 14, 2021.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Dealers are indeed very cool. I had some noise when turning the steering backing out of parking spots, dropped off my S3, got a choice of 3 different loaners and got 2 free tires (only paid for mounting).

I cant comment on their bigger engines, but my S3 has the same engine as a golf/gti. Previously I had a Golf which I put 120k miles and did nothing but oil changes, no issues ever. My S3 I have also only changed fluids 55k miles and no issues so far.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I get it. I'm a hardcore VW/ Audi (and Mazda) guy and everytime I consider the propeller brand I get close but stay the course.

I actually bought a 3 wagon once but the dealer played game literately when I came in to pick it up after 9 months waiting on the build and that left me pretty soured. Glad that dealership went under, my lifetime banning from them lasted only their lifetime. :crackup:

Gino230 likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Mitsubishi?

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

What do you think of the GT350R?

The R is a little tough to find around here, but there are plenty of the GT350s available with low miles, it seems.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Let's take a wild guess here…

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

OP said he was considering an M4, too. That’s about the same size as a 350.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OP is confused. :D M4 is essentially a 3 series. But really, if you pay attention, it seems like the real target is the M2.
    Even with all that said, isn't the 'Stang significantly heavier than the M4?

Gino230 likes this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Looks like ~310 ish pounds. That is significant. The 350 is also like 10” longer than the M2.

9. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I 2nd the "To Hell with Manual Trannies"
    I'm as old as the next guy who remembers rowing your own...but the modern automatic is brilliant, crudoer, faster than any human could ever possibly shit, offers more control than any human can deliver...they are far far faster, and just far more enjoyable to drive in.
    And if I'm paying 30-50k for a used car...it's gonna be comfy in
    As far as used cars go..it's always a gamble..IMO..it all boils down to the 1st owner and how it was maintained. I prefer to buy from enthusiasts..even though their driven a lil harder theve been maintained well.
    Even better is a middle aged previous owner..whom just wanted a nice car and serviced it online religiously.
    I never buy from a dealer..Private Party only..unless a killer warranty is a option

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I actually have a new respect for Mustangs, I have a good friend who has a track car built from a '17 GT and it is a great car. I considered those- but for some reason the BMWs are the ones that I am excited about. Sometimes these things just don't make sense!

This is true- I know the M4 is basically a 3 series but it's the 4 doors thing that throws me. Come to think of it, HPPT may have unlocked a psychological minefield here.....Same reason the new GTI is out. Same reason I bought the F-150 with the small back doors instead of the crew cab.....?

HPPT likes this.