1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clinton demands 'spotlight' at funeral, Dems pettyness grows

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by peekay, Jun 8, 2004.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Damn, son! You actually made sense! :beer:

2. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

occasionally it happens...

apparently not over in the general section, but over here sometimes i do all right.

;)

3. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Thats most of the reason why I like this forum. Often I disagree with what's said but the rest of the time it opens my eyes.

So far I think Clinton's footnote will mostly be about Monica Lewinsky. Of course that would change if he ends up married to Mrs. President. :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That will never happen. She has made too many enemies around Washington.
    Although Kerry's (or who ever was unlucky enough to get the nomination) running in 2004 was just supposed to set up for the Democrats to win in 2008.

5. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

I agree with Dave completely. However, Madison's greatness and extreme importance to America came long before he was president, with his heavy involvement in helping to write and publish the Federalist Papers.

Ideas and concepts from these papers helped to steer the emerging country away from being another old world quagmire. That's also why as much as I admire Reagan, I don't think he should replace Alexander Hamilton (another Federalist Papers dude) on the $10 bill.

Now Andrew Jackson on the $20? That's another story. (Err. I'm so poor, that is Jackson on the twenty, right?) :eek:

6. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

I think Ford might have something to say about that :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I heard he is quietly waiting for his 81st birthday in six weeks to reveal to the world he is one year older than G.H.W. Bush yet still alive.:D

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

What a crock! My mother's service will be held this Saturday, and when we were going over the the protocol on this very matter while setting up the mass, the minister told us that we had sole control over who would be invited to speak. He gave us several worst-case-scenario horror stories regarding people not on the list speaking. He even suggested that we request a preview of each person's notes, in order to get an idea of what they were going to say.
    Tax dollars or not, Nancy calls the shots on this.

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Re: Re: Clinton demands 'spotlight' at funeral, Dems pettyness grows

Nixon didn't even have the usual state funeral.

And sorry to hear about your mom.

10. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Anyone care to take a guess at how much Clinton's funeral might be different from Reagan's?

People 15-deep from the curb all along the procession?

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Re: Re: Clinton demands 'spotlight' at funeral, Dems pettyness grows

Johnny, very sorry to hear about your Mom.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

...throwing rotten eggs, tomatoes and used condoms.
    that scumbag was sleepin' durin' the eulogies. fuck him. fuck him right into a dirt nap.:mad:

13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Freddie, So I take it that our date to dance on Ronnie's grave is off?

Anyone else? We could combine a trip to the 2005 WSB round at Laguna Seca!

Rodger

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Die Todten reiten schnell.
    -Gottfried Burger. Lenore.1772
    (the dead ride fast.)

i took my pagan ways out of the public eye years ago but, go ahead without me.