1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Football Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by Past Glory, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

It would seem that yesterday's purge took all the college football fans out. It started out with such promise of being a great game, then Alabama just ran over Ohio State. Vegas sure knows their business. I was skeptical on the O/U at 74.5, but it ends up being 76. Anyway, congratulations to the Nictaitor and all those kids on one awesome display of domination, both in this game and over the whole season.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah I was excited, looked like a great game after the 1st Q, then the 2nd Q happened lol...

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Felt bad for OSU last night. Good program, but the Tide was on another level. I guess its how people feel when MM93 straddles that Honda.

RTR

4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Both teams had weaker Ds than in years past. OSU was missing most of their D line, so when you have a Heisman candidate under center with all the time in the world, and a Heisman winner down field splitting a poorly designed D in zone D you are gonna lose ever time. I turned it off at the half.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Anytime Ohio State gets beat, it's good.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tried watching it but it was boring. Ended up watching old episodes of Law and Order instead.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No ESPN so occasionally looked at the score. Glad I didn't waste the time watching.

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Definatley not entertaining. Lost interest after halftime and started watching motorcycle suspension videos.

GM GIXXER likes this.
  9. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

As a true son of the South I always cheer for a giant meteor to strike the stadium during the Michigan-Ohio State game, instantly vaporizing all life within.

dtalbott and intrcptrrdr like this.
  10. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Great game!! :clap:

Just imagine Devonta's stats had he been able to play the 2nd half! :eek:

ROLL TIDE!!

11. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Waste time watching?!

What you missed was a display of extraordinary college football. And, the last college football game for about 8 months.

Look, I graduated from Auburn (no jokes, please). Alabama, last night, put on a show. Great execution, all game. Precision personified. That takes talent, hard work and discipline. Sorta like MM93 or JoLo cranking out lap after lap at within 0.1 sec of record pace. Pretty damn impressive. And, it was against a team that destroyed a good Clemson squad and is the most proud with the least to be proud about (did I mention that I loathe OSU?).

I'll support any SEC team that is playing Alabama, but once it goes out of conference, I support the SEC. And, one must give credit where credit is due: that was a most impressive performance by Alabama last night.

Now, I'm ready for Auburn's new coach to shed the remnants of Malzahn and take the Tigers to the next level . . . . (Yes, I've been drinking. But that's what it takes if you're an Auburn fan and have to deal with Saban every year).

Cheers,

Dave

GM GIXXER likes this.
  12. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

LOVED watching the suckeyes get their asses handed to them on the big stage. Made my day. :D:clap:

13. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Roll Tide!

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Reviving this thread for the 2022 Championship run.

Just for fun let's say Xichigan, Bama, Cincinnati and Ok St. all lose this weekend. ND is obviously in at that point, but who else do you take after that?
    Does Baylor get the nod as the conference champ? Fairly likely.
    Alabama? Possible.
    Iowa would be the B1G champ, but how do you bump them up from the 13th spot where there are now? Doubtful.
    Take a B1G team that isn't the champ and leave the champ at home (OSU, Michigan, MSU)? Doubtful.
    Do you keep Cincy in with one loss? Doubtful.
    Ole Miss who is idle? Doubtful.
    Oregon if they win big over the Utes? Doubtful.

Bottom line: I am not sure any of that matters, as I expect Georgia to run the table, if they don't get overconfident.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

1) GA
    2) Michigan
    3) Ok State
    4) Cincy

GA vs. Michigan in the natty. GA wins a relatively close low scoring game.

Only way ND gets in is with GA beating Bama and a loss from one of the other 3 above them. Could happen, but ND isn't a playoff caliber team this year and would be basically a bye week for GA like they've been almost every playoff appearance.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Like to go with any scenario but it's up to Georgia and Alabama.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Your 4 would be a best-case scenario in my opinion, but more often than not one of the conference championship games will be an upset letting ND squeak in as well.
    Iowa's D should match up better against Michigan's running game than OSU's did and weather won't play a factor in the dome so don't count the Hawkeyes out of that one. Cincy has almost lost to much worse teams than the one they play this weekend and Baylor is playing well enough right now to knock off Ok State if the cards fall right.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Georgia/Cincy with a UGA win. UC won't get in but it's amusing to think about. No one is going to be at UGA this year.

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Go Dawgs. :beer:

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That only happens if they seed Cincy 2 or 3. I think the committee will give GA the easier of the two playoff teams and seed Cincy 4th, therefore GA vs. likely Michigan. Unless OK State is better than we think and knocks off MI.
    We agree on the end result, GA hoisting the trophy.