1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Clickbait link or it isn't happening.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+2 ....no way, but it would be cool.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'd say Lewis is still in control, he has a few years left in him. His salary may take a nip, but he'll survive.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Things might be at a standstill because he's trying to get stuff that he wouldn't have gotten regardless of whether Russell had driven the car or not.

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

If you think he won't be on the grid next year in a Mercedes you're out of your mind.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, but I can hope. No Hamilton in F1? I wouldn't care.

Like when Rossi finally retires.

DrA5 likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I’m just going to go ahead and report that for motion. He’s busy dusting the ceiling.

motion likes this.
  8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt cry if he's not on the grid. Would be fun to maybe have some good races. But both sides have too much to lose right now.

9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I think Mercedes can pretty much dictate the terms of the next contract. Only decision to be made, is if Hamilton is willing to accept the pay cut.

10. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

I agree that Mercedes now has the upper hand. George proved that Lewis isn't the only driver on the grid that can bring them a championship. That hurt him. Also, I can guarantee Lewis doesn't want to share 7 titles with Schumacher, he wants that 8th title and he will not get it in any other car, and without Toto. He definitely will be on the grid though, other teams would pick him up simply due to marketability.

11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

When's the last time anyone has seen an ad with Hamilton in it, at least in the US? I haven't seen anything that I can recall. At least within the last few years. I see Nico Rosburg on the beer commercials currently.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

The US is not a target market. Murica likes to go round and round in their ovals

~sent from mobile

stk0308 and Rene Bucek like this.
  13. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

This. Just like cricket and rugby, globally popular, but unknown in North America.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  14. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I for one, would love it if Hamilton’s big head causes MB to go with Russell. Slim chance, but I would welcome it.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

7 F1 championships, 4 in a row, 95 wins vs 3 minor league championships. Yeah could definitely see that happening.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I hope they tell Lewis to suck a dick.

motion likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

And then beat him over the head with a bag of dicks. Piss off Hammy!

Black89 likes this.
  18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Like Marquez in motogp.... only makes the show better when they aren't there. Maybe even more so in F1 because it is harder to be impressed by what they are doing vs moto gp where every other lap it's lilke " woah!!! did you see that?!!!"

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Lewis will sign, don't worry he'll be ok, making 28 mill salary vs 30.

It is a shame a guy loses money on his salary while being knighted!

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The ultimate question is whether Hamilton net's Mercedes more than 200 million for4 years as that is what he is asking. Or more accurately is he going to make them a lesser amount more than would another driver in his seat. That's a lot of coin.

Yzasserina likes this.