1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My ADV report: Africa Twin is stranded in Milano and its looking like it may be quite awhile before I can get to her. Talking to a company in Croatia about retrieving her with a van and transporting to Zagreb. Croatia is open to Americans currently, so if luck holds out, I can head over in May and do some riding in the Balkans.

2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

alien.jpg 20201106_135053e.jpg Just back from visiting family in Vegas and got the husky 350 out for some fun.

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I sure hope this is accurate. Between this, Tuono 660, and RS660, Aprilia are going to be struggling to keep up.

584D8E05-611A-47D3-9B80-968847014DEE.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    motion likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Hopefully, it’ll be worth the wait, because their recent debuts have been letdowns.

6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Looks like a blatant copy of Yamaha’s T7 :rolleyes:

I mean the muffler is identical as is most of the lines of the bike.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That better than copying a V-Strom, right?:crackup:

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I guess...

My guess is Kawasaki has their copy cat ready behind the curtain as well.

ducnut likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

turner38, ducnut and cBJr like this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nice, but hard for me to get past 465# plus your gear.

ducnut likes this.
  11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

That’s better than 550 plus your gear...

It’s light enough I can pick it up fairly easily when I run out of leg...
    LOL

12. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I just bought this yesterday. It’s my first grown up bike. DFFCDF2D-77D5-498B-A8FF-4CC63CD4805D.jpeg

13. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

You gonna like it . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

WANABE RACER likes this.
  14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Whoah! That’s an amazing bike. Sounds so much rowdier than my 800, way more and better technology, better looking, incredible dash, and so much more.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  15. WANABE RACER

I hope so! LOL

16. WANABE RACER

My understanding it had a lot of improvements over the 800. Problem is the 800 was such a good bike haha.

ducnut likes this.
  17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Heavy ADV make no sense to me.

Once I’m done rally racing my 650R it will be my adventure bike. That’s a bout as heavy as I want to go

pscook likes this.
  18. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Caveat - first time ADV bike owner here, never have owned a smaller ADV bike, or ridden dirt before and my last three main bikes were/are a GSXR 750, a S1000RR and an R1 (all track only) but I got to tell you - have not wished once for a smaller bike (GS1200). I absolutely love this thing (got it in Sept and have put over 3000 miles on it and have been riding it all winter long) - last weekend was 300 miles through VA, WV, MD on street, dirt and mud (not single track) with wet pavement, dry pavement and temps ranging from high 30's to low 50's and it did it all without missing a beat. . .and 8 hours later back at home - didn't even feel like I had just done those miles or time on the bike.

Compared to throwing around liter bikes at the track, this thing feels positively light (except picking it up off the side stand) and lazy boy comfortable. . .have no doubt once things start getting really technical off road, smaller is much better, but if there's a lot of time spent on asphalt to get to the dirt, I'd recommend a big bike all day long. Not trying to debate you (because I see the merits in small bikes) just throwing out there for anybody who hasnt had an ADV bike before and is considering one (to go exploring on the road and the dirt if the opportunity presents itself) that there are a lot of merits to the big ones as well.

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

Riding partners that day - I'm by far the youngest (40's) - one in mid 50's other two on the Adventures are mid to late 60's. . .those guys were rolling on the street and didn't much slow down when things got dirty - on street tires. . .:eek:

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

Mid 50 year old did the NEBDR in Oct - said some sections were really tough, but overall, he'd do it again on a big bike. :D

IMG_2739.jpg

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I wouldn't care if a bike weighed 1000#. The main questions are how much powar and can I pick it up with my gear load, on the side of a hill? (always ride alone and crash a lot). That's why I like what I ride.

20. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

How much do you want for it? :Poke:

WANABE RACER likes this.