1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So....anyone been vaccinated for covid?

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joec

joec brace yourself

I think the Pfizer vaccine is intramuscular. Similar to a tetnus shot. Which has left my arm immobilized for a day in the past.. and othertimes with no issue at all.p

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Typhoid is intramuscular as well, I believe.

3. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

I got my first shot of Moderna on Monday. Arm was sore at the injection site. No problems thus far.

4. pittmeister

pittmeister Well-Known Member

Got the Pfizer on Monday, much more sore than I ever was with the flu shot and the say the second dose is worse.

5. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

got the Pfizer vaccine Monday, was extremely tired Monday and Tuesday feeling a little more energetic today

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I have permanent nerve damage in my left arm and hand from a tetanus booster.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Antibodies are only a sign that you have had the infection, they don't protect you from infection.

8. pittmeister

pittmeister Well-Known Member

I think you need to look up what an antibody is.

notbostrom likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I know my wife is mandated to get the Flu shot at the hospital, are you also mandated to get the flu shot? if not, do you take it?

10. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

I'm not strictly an "anti-vaxxer". I also don't take the flu shot and wear a mask during the flu season because of it. I'm more of a, "I prefer not to put a lot of that bullshit in my body unless I feel the benefit outweighs the risk type." I have issues with a lot of what they put in this shit both for personal reasons (won't be lured to go there) and for reasons I've come to myself with years in the medical field and lots of open research etc. Add on top of that, I had a series of 3 Grand Mal seizures when I was in elementary school all directly after receiving some of the different vaccines during that time period. No thanks. I prefer to make my own educated choices about how I choose to live my life and what I'm willing to put in my body with the whole risk/reward thing.

No, I don't believe I'm better then anyone and I still "choose" to do stupid shit with my body as well. I'm ok with my choices. I'm also ok with other peoples choices who come to and make these decisions in their own way. There's inherit risk in life. You'll never avoid that. I'm willing to accept the risk of the flu or this virus with all the info I have and my knowledge in the field. I also happen to be what's considered higher risk due to previous health issues. I'm ok with that also.

11. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Just curious, is it the not taking the vaccine that makes you think less of them now or the not working overtime? I've busted my ass with overtime and additional shifts and coverage in other areas this entire year due to how things have been run. I worked 12 plus hour days all week for 3 1/2 months completely by myself running my department and doing everything in between when they furloughed the shit out of people in our hospital. No assistance with patient exams, transport, moving, cleaning, paperwork etc etc. I have no problem with how I've had to work and don't regret that. I do however have a problem with people choosing to look down on others just because they make different choices regarding their own health then what others would do based on their own beliefs and knowledge. As mentioned earlier, you do you and I'll do me.

969 and britx303 like this.
  12. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

If people would actually do the research on the technology used to develop the vaccine, they would have no reason NOT to take it. Just my thoughts....same with the flu vaccine, and yet only 40% of the population gets it.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

969, MikeR and BigBird like this.
  14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So after 40+ years...........hows that HIV vaccine coming along?:D Bleet bleet bleet...........

YamahaRick and sdg like this.
  15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

How is getting a shot worse than having the disease?

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Me: So you're still working in the lab where this vaccine was developed?
    Daughter: Yep.
    Me: So what are you doing now that you're done?
    Daughter: Testing.
    Me: Testing what?
    Daughter: Can't tell ya.
    Me: Bullshit.
    Daughter:
    Me: Ok.........So, are you going to take it?
    Daughter: I don't know, haven't thought about it.
    Me: (wtf)

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Unfortunately this isn't one of those "greater good" type deals. Fauci himself said the vaccine does not prevent infection or spreading of the COVID, it's only designed to lessen the symptoms for the individual. I'm guessing they wanted to get ahead of what happens when these reports started to come out.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...r-covid-19-eight-days-after-receiving-vaccine

Depends on the individual but for me, the symptoms of COVID amounted to light body aches and a 99 degree fever for 1 day, then it was gone. If you read up on all of the documented side effects of the shot (not the pinch of getting a shot in the arm), some of them don't look very fun, like those folks who developed Bells Palsy afterwards.

18. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Sure it reduces spread. Any time you have reduced symptoms from any disease/cold, your viral load is severely reduced, which means you're not as likely to spread it. Same reason kids don't seem to be spreading it at all. They have very few symptoms if any at all and very low viral loads.

Read some more.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So no asymptomatic spread then, yes?

Have to pick one side of the aisle or the other, can't have it both ways. Besides, when I'm symptomatic for any illness, I'm not out and about breathing/sneezing/coughing on people....I'm sitting at home riding it out until I feel better. This is/was no different.

Again, I'm not telling you or anyone else to get it or not get it. I just don't want to be preached to about getting it or not getting it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    969, OldSchlPunk, Yzasserina and 3 others like this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I pick Gilligan's Isle.

RIP, Mary Ann.

969 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.