1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connor Funk Moto 2

Discussion in 'General' started by dieterly, Aug 29, 2020.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I’m watching CEV Moto2 this morning and there’s an American in the race, not very impressive but at least he’s riding. Does anybody know who he is?

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Maaaayyybbbeeee ... :D

evakat likes this.
  3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

He is a WERA West rider. I remember him from last year. He was fast but not Moto 2 fast.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I see a few 'mericans and one maple syrup chugger listed in the european talent cup, one in moto2 (Funk) and none in moto3.

Interesting, Funk's bike is listed as a Nykos. I assume it's something else and "private labeled" as a Nykos?

Pretty cool.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool!

6. Pipsail

Pipsail New Member

Connor is riding for Nykos racing, a British team, well I say team but it is run by one guy. Check out www.Nykos racing.co.uk and their Facebook page Nykos Racing. Stuart is a former British champion and really knows his stuff. He built the bike from scratch himself and it’s every bit as good as the Kalex.
    He’s always on the lookout for talented riders and sponsors.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

He was at the GNF at Barber last year on an R6. Rode pretty darn good, even in the rain.

8. SMR123

SMR123 Well-Known Member

I think it fair to metion, Conner is a resonably competent rider at the MotoAm series for being an independant, not being a regular rider. He has shown promise in both open wheel cars and 2 wheel efforts. That said, for him to come to the CEV moto2 series, not understanding the tracks, team, environment, and riding a one off bike, with a one man crew (no matter how brilliant) is asking a great deal. My point is, it does not matter if the Nykos bike is as good as aKalex, what hope is there without development....
    How long has it taken KTM to get a tube frame to work? They have a few more engineers working on that project.

In the end, hats off to both Stuart at Nykos and Conner for giving it all!

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I need to save that meme “he’s right you know” for times like this.

10. IronCactus

IronCactus Well-Known Member

He’s a very disciplined and motivated California “kid” (early 20’s). I rode with him in Spain last year. Very fast, very humble and was laser focused on improving he’s riding. He was chasing a CCS championship that year, so I’d say being able to ride CEV Moto2 is improving. Good on him.

11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I raced against him on multiple occasions and have been in contact with him while overseas. I was very surprised to see him in the CIV Moto 2 class with a high stack of cards against him. But good on him. If anything he'll come back to the states a much more complete rider.

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20201229-132351_Chrome.jpg

13. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I rode with him a few days at California Superbike School, I think it was a VIR; he was fast on the first day but by the end of the second day, he was really flying, I had never met or heard of him before but his name stuck in my mind after that!

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

You made me go save it. Ugh. No one means that one. It’s always Morgan Freeman. Lol

AB90167E-D448-4ABC-8BF2-3983FD57BF93.gif