1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A very up and down week.( losses and new puppy)

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Dec 28, 2020.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Last week I found out A friend and long time Supermoto rider and racer Robert Leatherwood died of cancer after thinking he had beat it earlier this year. it seems it came back really fast and had spread.
    He was a great dude and Supporter of the Supermoto trackdays I organize, and was just a big motorcycle enthusiast in general.

Then on the day before Christmas Eve I was putting together, Christmas presents with my dad, and My mom walked out and told us that His mom was in the hospital with covid, and wasn't doing well And we woke up Christmas eve and got the call that she had passed. She was in her 80s but until this, she was as feisty and opinionated as ever, She really would have driven most of you crazy in the dungeon :crackup:
    She grew up so poor her family had to save up for government cheese in the tenements of Newerk NJ, but she decided to become a nurse at 30 years old and worked her way up to a RN and spent the next 40 years working in public health and with at risk and the brokest people doing the work most people would never want to do.
    She'll be missed, it does help us that she got to meet her Great grandkids in 2017 when we raced at NJMP and last year before she moved to Cali.

The up side of last week was a really good Christmas despite the trying time, and the new addition that we picked up Wednesday Hudson[​IMG]

joec and tony 340 like this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Sorry to hear about your family and friend. But congrats on the new pup. Nothing like a good boy to cheer you up in trying times.

noles19 likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sorry for your losses!:( Cute puppy though!

noles19 likes this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Sorry for your loss...and congrats on the new pup.

noles19 likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Very sorry for your losses. I lost an aunt I was very close to a couple of years ago between Christmas and new year. It sure makes for a weird holiday season. And that feeling returns the next year around this time. :(

noles19 likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry dude. :(

You got a Cool dog though.

noles19 likes this.
  7. noles19

It's weird I don't think it's really hit any of us yet really because of all the Christmas craziness, we also didn't tell the kids yet because they are young (9 and 7)and my dad didn't want it to ruin their Christmas, we plan on telling them today so I'm sure it'll sink in.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Casey

Very sorry for your loss.

Nurses are the best of the human race and tough as nails.

noles19 likes this.
  9. noles19

Thanks Mark

10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss and congrats on the new fur baby.

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Losing anybody you care about sucks. Sounds like your grandma had one heck of a great and long life! Kudos to her for all those she helped. I hope to live as long. The older I get the more I realize losing people is a part of life. No way around it but accepting that doesn't fill the emptiness you feel from their departure. Fu-k cancer. So many lives taken every year. Try to remember all the good times you had with both. As time passes those memories start to fade and that is the real loss. I really have to think to remember what my mom even looked like anymore, that is what bothers me the most. Take care and don't be ashamed to talk to someone about your feelings. We all have them and sometime the processing of them is hard. Laying that stuff out can really help on occasion. I'll bet that adorable new puppy would love to hear about your friend and your grandma.

noles19 and RRP like this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Condolences Casey...

noles19 likes this.
  13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Well I guess not everyone can be owned by a Sheltie, so what was the good part?

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Sorry for your losses, Casey.

noles19 likes this.
  15. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.
    She sounds amazing.

Sweet pup!

noles19 likes this.
  16. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I cant even verbalize into words what i feel for you...... I am sorry :(

noles19 likes this.
  17. G2G

G2G I feel the need

The race bike I have now I bought from Leatherwood. A good friend and he will be missed. I wish he lived closed but it was good to ride with him at the supermoto track up here. He would give the shirt off his back for you. Ride in peace brother

noles19 likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Condolences to you for your multiple losses. God speed.....RIP.

Congrats on that beautiful little pup.