1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun question

Discussion in 'General' started by slickp12, Dec 22, 2020.

1. slickp12

slickp12 Well-Known Member

Hello folks just a quick question. Any of you guys running magnifiers on your AR s ? If so 3x magnification is that sufficient for targets up to say 300-400 yards? Was trying to get the 5x magnifier but the eotech model is all sold out. Thanks

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I've been able to hit silhouette targets at a little over 300 with the G33 just fine and I'm only a mediocre shot. Plenty of guys able to reach 500 with irons so I say go for it. Although I've been wanting to try out some of these newer, higher mag magnifiers. Maybe one day.

3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

It really depends on how many carrots you eat daily.

Phl218, The.Johnner and _indy like this.
  4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Guns are dangerous.

Gorilla George and TurboBlew like this.
  5. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

G33 works great at those distances

6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I lost all my guns and gps unit in a terrible boating accident.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You too ??

8. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

I run an AImpoint 3X m as g on my AR out to about 100Y with good success. 300-400 yds...lemme knoe

9. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

don't mess with the eotech. Get you a 500$ Ziess or Vortex scope and enjoy life!

10. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Using a 3.5 power TA11 ACOG Im able to hit torso size targets with M80 ball at 600 yards pretty easy. So much so that its not hard at all. 700 and 800 yards becomes a challenge. 300-400 is childs play, you should be good to go.

11. slickp12

slickp12 Well-Known Member

Thank you gents

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I have a Sig Sauer Juliet6 6x24mm that’s like new I’d sell if anyone is interested. It absolutely rocks for AR’s.