1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on K5/K6 1000

Discussion in 'General' started by sdiver, Dec 16, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Fuckin' 'ell! Whaddya gotta do to get either of those?
    Not that I want one, I just wanna know WTH would anyone have to do to get one, let alone why!
    I guess it would be a great goof but, damn... <smh>

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Wanting to buy a nice K5 and actually being able to find 1 are 2 different things.

Looking now for K5-K8. Most of them including the 1 I looked at yesterday have Chinese plastics and chrome rims.

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Hit up Lethal Rog....hes probably got one with an extended swinger and a 300 Size rear tire...

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nah.

Look up the Yut Ugh guy. Guaranteed it’s never been wheelies. :D

5. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

Where are you located? I am in VA and will keep an eye out. Love my 06... 2nd one of the same black/gray color scheme I have owned but not letting this one go.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

dobr24, sdiver and jasonhise like this.
  8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Thanks, St. Louis area! Willing to travel some for right bike or worse case have shipped.

jasonhise likes this.
  9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Oh God it hurts to watch that...

pickled egg likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Life is pain, Princess. :crackup:

Ducti89 likes this.
  11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Chinese plastics dont scare me off, and caliper swaps are pretty common. If the frame, forks, wheels, swingarm, and engine are solid, those are the main things for me. Brakes and fairings are easy fixes.

Hell, I'm putting some chinese fairings on my bike this winter for a facelift. Errrythang was $500, including all of the little trim pieces, fastener set, wind screen, and a tank cover painted to match so I don't have to get the tank painted.

No way was I going to source some oem takeoffs at a crazy price. I got the brown/bronze, and it follows the color scheme of the blue bike when its mounted.

Attached Files:

12. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Agreed only if oem plastics,too, are available and the calipers are an upgrade.

I've fitted cbr tokico monoblocks on mine but these are probably 04 GSXR 600/750 calipers.

13. chevibubba

chevibubba Well-Known Member

The oem fork internals are junk, Even for a streetbike. Develops a small, bouncy vertical oscillation.
    Slide in some carts or swap in an 07/08 front assembly.
    You know of the rest of the shortcomings

Razr likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

K5-K8s pretty much wiped the field in their day and lap times aren't really any quicker now that they were 15 years ago so yeah I would say that's a pretty good endorsement.

You don't see many of them because they're 15 years old now...

15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Someone in my subdivision has one that was restored. It’s very very nice! I’m jealous!!!

16. Send it to EDR, you can easily get 900hp :)

TurboBlew and 418 like this.
  17. Great platform, throw you a Motec system on it abs enjoy modern rider aids.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

If the crank don't break first...

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. I was going to add part :)

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

418 likes this.