1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You want the real answer? It was in a lot of video games.

mpusch, scottn and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Thanks :beer:

It’s all relative. A year ago that was expensive. Now, that’s about as cheap as you will find it.

With all that I have ordered over the past couple of weeks, I don't need any. But I grabbed 5 boxes since I was already on the site. I like to keep a steady stream coming in.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

685E9D50-4CA6-46B2-918A-AFA629EB24DF.jpeg 81297E0E-BED6-4C0D-9ECE-34D1042A8E99.png

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. :crackup:

Yep, something like that. :D

7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Got my Hog/Dog gun ready and headed to NC after New Years
    Anyone need help knocking down some pest reach out.

Attached Files:

Clay likes this.
  8. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

Without reading the entire thread to try to figure this out..I'm looking at a Sig P 365 9mm vs a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield for concealed carry. There is about $150 difference in the 2 but I'm not going to let that make my decision.
    I have been wanting the Sig for a while but have read that the S&W is a damn good gun.
    Opinions?

9. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I’ve had both. The Shield is bulletproof but with a lower single stack round count. The last updates to the 365 have also made it bulletproof with nearly double the round count.

10. Norton 357

I don't mind the lower round count if the profile is significantly slimmer. If I can't do the job in 8 rounds I better run.

I wish I could see them side by side but the Sig is 15 minutes away and the Shield is over an hour one way.

11. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

https://www.rkguns.com/smith-wesson-m-p-shield-9mm-7-1-8-1-bug-out-bag-bundle-13383.html

Triple X and Razr like this.
  12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have a newer 365 and it’s my new favorite carry gun.
    I’ve held both numerous times and I’d say they are very very close in size. I did a quick search and could not find as many measurements on the smith as I could the sig. Makes me think they are really close in size.

13. Norton 357

That's all helpful. I am going by this afternoon to look at the Sig since it's basically on the way home. If I like it, Merry Christmas to me!

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

If you can find one in stock, buy it.

15. Norton 357

Academy Sports by me has 3 Sigs in stock so I am going by there on my way home today. I can't find ammo for my 38 sp or 357 but can buy 9mm, so gonna get me something nice that I can shoot. Jeezus! WTF is going on with ammo?

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You can find 9 but not 38 or 357? I need to swing by your part of the country, wherever that is.

sbk1198 likes this.
  17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

It's not that hard to get 9 mm. You just gonna have to pay like triple the price it was 8 months ago and it's gonna be a brand you've never heard of.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Currently $550/thousand for 9mm here in PDX. (115gr Blazer brass)
    Currently $650/thousand for 55gr 5.56 (xm193)

19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I hate to say "that's pretty good" when we're talking about anything that's more than like 25 cents/round for 115g Blazer brass, but that's better than I'm seeing on Ammoseek. Cheapest I see that ammo is 64 cents/round. Cheapest overall 9mm I'm seeing is Wolf and TulaAmmo at around 52-55 cents/round. To be honest I probably just won't buy any until prices start dropping under 40 cents/round...which could be awhile until we see that again. But I can save myself a lot of money by simply not buying any lol I'll just focus more on long-range shooting since I still have plenty of 6.5 creedmoor and that ammo hasn't tripled in price. It is harder to find nowadays though.

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Just for reference, what I posted was local sales from private individuals, not stores. There's nothing in the stores.
    Also various 22cal is about $0.10 - $0.15/round. $200 for 2,000 rounds, etc..

Part of why I got a GSG-MP5

sbk1198 and MachineR1 like this.