1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

touche!

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

fixed

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Talk about a squid. There are no BraAPs left for anyone when he shows up. He stacks that shit as high as the red limiter will go! brrrAA-DET-DET-DET-DET... :D

turbulence likes this.
  4. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

If you're interested in knowing exactly how you should use the power/throttle/clutch on a 2T, here are a couple of buddies giving examples. The first dude shows it perfectly and the second one is about 85-90%. If you can get to a point you can emulate them at even 50%, you're doing damn well...

For reference the 'climb' is about 24-28' at 70+degrees with the last 8' being completely vertical.

turbulence likes this.
  5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i’ll give it a watch. thanks kory

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

turbulence likes this.
  7. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I had similar issues when the modern heavily armored boots came out back in the stone age. I tried a few of the offerings that Alpinestar had at the time and they were way to bulky and stiff for my liking. I was wearing boots very similar to the Alpinestar Supervictory (Hi Point Pro GP) for years up to that point and had a hell of a time adjusting to the new boots with all the bells whistles hinges and booties...

After my brother broke his ankle casing a jump wearing the same boots as me I learned to adapt. In all honesty I still preferred the minimalist all leather boots, but felt a lot safer and likely avoided a few injuries wearing the newer robo boots along with a set of knee braces.

Saying that, the boots I decided to hang onto for trail riding after I quit racing are the trusty old ProGP (supervictory) boots. They are like wearing your favorite slippers and hell, even when I was fast, I wasn't very fast.

turner38 and turbulence like this.
  8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

received an email from Kreft today, suspension on it's way back to me. they had them less than two weeks. quick turn around. should have them back by next weds, thursday. then off to the motor builder. Ski

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Just got my suspension back for my TX300 from one of my dealers that does a ton of MX stuff and wanted to test off road setups with me. I went down a rate on the shock and he valved it all and changed the mid valve in the forks. I was honestly very happy with the stock stuff on this which I was surprised about so if it can get even better I'll be very happy.

10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

11. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

On the suspension topic- I get my KTM stuff done at Factory Connection and it's an instant transformation from good to amazing on both the enduro and mx bikes.

12. skidooboy

The revalved, rebuilt, refreshed forks and shock, for the ktm came back today. Spent the afternoon re-assembling the bike, with new plastic, and graphics. I set the baseline suspension clickers, and sag so, it is ready for testing and fine tuning now.

It will go off to the motor builder in a few days, for the same treatment. The bike has 150 hours on it, time for a piston, rings, head, valve rebuild/refresh. Might as well make it go faster, with a Cylinder Works 270 BB kit, too. [​IMG]

I have been riding the mountain bike several times a week, plus hitting the rowing machine, and lifting, and doing ab, core workouts. setting myself up for a good healthy dirt bike season. The first national enduro is in South Carolina, February 7th. not sure I have the balls to try that out, or not... still dealing with a bum shoulder but, time will tell. Ski

my ktm kreft.jpg

13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I put a set of Xplor forks on for the races Sunday, was really happy with the way they worked for my old arthritic ass. Anybody need a set of 2020 AER forks with SKF glide kit? LOL

Race Was a mud fest though. Probably the most technical place they go and it was pretty rough.

Feb 7th huh...

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the National Enduro in SC is an epic event. often 800+- riders, so if possible, sign up the night of sign up so you don't get row 100 or further back. but it is a LOT of fun. Not overly technical, not a "hard enduro" with impossible features.

15. cpettit

Is that a 350? Looks good.

I'm looking for a 350 xc, xcw or fe. I love my 300 xcw but want a 4 stroke in the stable too.

16. skidooboy

can you pre-register, to get further up the food chain? i know you race A or AA, i would be racing 50+C. LOL! :D will you be there? i have been watching the videos especially, the lesser age C classes, so i can get a good feel for the obstacles. i like the looks of the terrain, looks dry, looks open, and fast. i prefer fast flowing rides, v.s slow technical hard enduro stuff. keep on healing buddy! Ski

turner38 likes this.
  17. skidooboy

2017 250xcf, that is why i am putting a 270 bb kit in it ;)

looking for a 350xcf 19 or newer, myself. :D Ski

cpettit likes this.
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wouldn't take much for me to add an FX350 to compliment my TX.

cpettit likes this.
  19. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

That's where I sent my shock to get setup for me.
    It has done pretty well for me so far.
    I'd like to send them my forks sometime this winter as well.

masshole likes this.
  20. cpettit

I've been looking for a few weeks and found some good ones but i am confused on what forks went on what models. The fastest guys i ride with say the air forks are junk but i've never tried them. Love the suspension on my 300 with the pds shock and xplor 48 forks after having them done but the forks were pretty bad stock. In all reality the 300 is so good that i probably won't like the 350 but i want to try it anyway.

Anybody on here sell KTM/Husky?