1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partzilla or Revzilla: Which is better (faster?)

Discussion in 'General' started by USracer900, Dec 10, 2020.

1. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Need a Float and float needle ASAP for a PW50 (my son's Xmas present). Local dealer sucks, want $20 more than online and will take a week. Had a bad experience with Bikebandit.com this summer, which of these guys is reputable? Thanks as always!

2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Revzilla is definitely reputable.

STG is sponsor of the forum and definitely reputable as well.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think this summer almost everything bad could be excused. so many moving parts that could have been at fault, through no fault of their own.

Revzilla if in stock is almost next day if near there. STG is also great.

Local dealers need to be in business too. they have a brick/mortar to also uphold.

USracer900 likes this.
  4. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Partzilla has the slowest shipping known to mankind

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Just buy a whole new carb on Amazon and have it in a couple days

USracer900 likes this.
  6. USracer900

I did that for backup but most of what I've read says to stick with OEM Yamaha carbs. I'll throw the chinese carb on if I have but would like to stick with OEM.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

As someone else said, I wouldn't be too quick to judge most retailers right now unless it was something egregious. My buddy and I were both building new rifles recently. Took a few months to get all the parts together and we each sourced our parts from half a dozen different retailers. One day he'd be bitching about one retailer taking forever on a part while I had just received a part of my own from them within a couple days of placing the order. No sooner than I'd praise one retailer, they'd shit the bed somehow on an order and my buddy in the meantime would be having success with someone I had decided to avoid because of a prior transaction. Eventually just had to realize it's all a bit of a crapshoot right now. Supply chains in every industry are fucked sideways. Only place I trust to get stuff relatively on time is Amazon. The rest I just accept that they may not meet anticipated lead times. If they do, great. But when they don't I'm not disappointed (ok maybe I am but at least I knew to expect it).

BigBird likes this.
  9. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I use partzilla all the time. The are in GA and have almost everything in stock. Since I live just outside Atlanta, it's almost always next day or two day delivery at most.

10. USracer900

Man, I hope not! Had to order from them, chose expedited shipping also. Revzilla didn't have the float, quoted 1-2 weeks for shipping.

11. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I believe you can also order direct from Yamaha now.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

I've never used their expedited shipping so I hope it turns out well, but I could walk to Georgia faster than they can ship something to Ohio with their standard shipping. This is speaking from multiple orders not just a one time thing. I even had a discussion with their customer service about it. :crackup:

13. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Truth in this... know where the warehouses are. I order almost exclusively from Rockymountainatv for the same reason. Their standard shipping is next day for me.

yamageezer likes this.
  14. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Always had good luck and quick shipping with partzilla. Shipping to Cali is a couple days.

15. dusty04

dusty04 Member

Rockymountainatvmc! They’ve never let me down and usually at my door in 2 days if in stock. I stay away from Motorsport, their shipping department is terrible. Revzilla has been good from my experience but I’ve only ordered from them a few times.

16. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Yep, I ordered a rebuild kit for SV's front calipers, and had it 2 days later. I'm north ATL.

yamageezer likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Revzilla's shipping time estimates are conservative. I'm sure shipping/delivery times are product and zone sensitive and they prolly quote the slowest possible timeframe, barring a true clusterfuck.

I wanted to order some Renthal sprockets/chain recently. Either no one had the rear nor chain in stock or they didn't carry all three items...I wanted one-stop shopping. Everyone was saying 3-5 days to get the order placed for the r/sprocket and chain before they would even ship, including Revzilla, and I shouldn't expect to see them for a week and a half. Almost everyone had the front sprocket, stating next day shipping.

Placed the order with Revzilla. Almost immediately, an e-mail says the f/sprocket has shipped. Before the end of the day, another e-mail says the rear and chain have shipped. Ironically, I got the rear and chain before I got the front.
    3-4 days vs 1.5 weeks, no special shipping methods.
    I've never had issues with Revzilla other than they don't sell race rubber and may not have some of the more exotic hard parts. I spend about $800/year with 'em. The prices are okay and discounts are given after purchase that encourages future purchases.

Stuff they have in stock for immediate shipment I see in 2-3 days, sometimes 1, with no special shipping options checked. They're pretty quick for me, but I'm only 2.5 hours up the road.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    BigBird likes this.
  18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

experiencing it now. it is what it is. but random Yamaha R1 and R6 (current model) shit being back ordered for 8 weeks is kinda ridiculous. i made 2 orders, coming in 4 shipments, 3 have come finally, 1 shipment left for literally one part. R6 rear wheel speed sensor 8 week backorder? that seems ridiculous that there aren't 50 of those sitting on a warehouse shelf somewhere in the US.

who knows though where its coming from. Omniracing said 2-3 month backorder or a Marchesini wheel. maybe its still just fucked up in too many places.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's on Yamaha, they've been terrible this year with stuff BO from Japan. You guy's gotta remember if you're ordering anything other than common replacement wear and tear items it's probably not sitting on the dealers shelf, they're ordering from the OEM and if it's not on a shelf somewhere in the States you're SOL.

BigBird and Sweatypants like this.
  20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yea i figured as much, which is why i'm not bent about it, just saying my experience. just surprised is all. i wonder where their electronic components are made nowadays? if its Japan or China or Europe or what. Seems like a dumb thing not to have around somewhere though.

the Marchesini is also weird. Its weird that there's not a rear bronze R6 forged aluminum rim sitting somewhere. that seems like the, if not one of the, most common things somebody could possibly buy from them besides a Ducati rim. maybe that part of Italy got hit real hard with sick people or shutdowns or something.