1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You ride with them a lot and you'll develop the "feel" because there isn't a short cut IMO.

And here's why you shouldn't buy cheap boots!

And hinged boots are not the end all. A well developed boot with a proven history breaks in quickly and provides excellent protection, and yep I'm describing a Tech 8

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    TurboBlew, turbulence and fastfreddie like this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Those thick soles keep your feet from folding in half when you case that monster triple and, for trail riding, become a blessing when standing on the pegs all day.

skidooboy likes this.
  3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Especially when you sammich your foot between between a a tree and the case at 15mph...

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

How does the saying go, if you have ten dollar feet, buy ten dollar boots?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Just as a reminder. I will be putting on my dirt boots (SG10) today for the first time since May 27:
    [​IMG]

Link to the original post.

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Did you try the crossFire 3 TA with the sewn on sole? It’s wider than the overmolded sole.

7. kevinr

kevinr Well-Known Member

I just tried the SIDI crossfire 3s. I’ll have to look in the TAs.

8. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i might go pick up some of those crossfire 3 TA’s... it’s either that or the tech 7 (10’s?).. reviews from the crossfires with the traditional sole says it gives more feel on the pegs and levers... thoughts?

9. Knotcher

I have some tech 7s and some crossfire 3 TA.

I wear the alpinestars on the play bike in the yard and that’s it. I have wider than average feet and they fit perfectly. I have enough feel but that is a function of time on a bike, as noted earlier.

I don’t think the 7s and the Crossfires are comparable. That is a peer with the Tech 10s and SG12.

turbulence likes this.
  10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I have been wearing SG10s for a few years now. Would you say that the Crossfires are comparable size for size, or should I try on the Sidis before I buy them? I see a pair of Crossfires in my size for a very good price, but I'm a little reluctant to test the size via postage.

11. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Definitely try them on first, Sidi's are super narrow every time I have tried them on.

12. Knotcher

Not the TA.

Not exactly sure but my brother swapped from 10s to Crossfire TA and loves them too.

pscook likes this.
  13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

109 hours with recreational gasoline, good oil along with a new filter every 5-7 hours and, most importantly, a slow rider, things look pretty good. It's science.

33CC9F63-2A7A-4445-BB33-1F25B538DF7A.jpeg

Attached Files:

TurboBlew and turbulence like this.
  14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

doing mine soon too. same recipe... rec fuel, 10w50 motorex, kept up on air and fuel filters. mine has 144 hours hoping it is as clean as yours. going for the 270bb kit in mine though. plus redoing the head/valves, and some porting. any updates planned for yours? Ski

15. Did that to my pinky about 10 days ago and snapped a bone in half. Well small sapling came under bark buster and smacked my pinky just right. If I was in the gas it would’ve been out of the way. Lesson learned.

16. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I just picked up a pair of new tows from my friends down at Barns Bros!!!

Attached Files:

cBJr, Knotcher, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Nah, sticking with OE everything. With a top end looking this good, I’m not going to fudge with it. That, and the requisite tuning just seems like too much of an asspain. It makes good power, and plenty of it for my needs.

Let’s make a point of a ride together this spring!

skidooboy and turner38 like this.
  18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

SIDI crossfire TA's, $500 set of boots, but not their most expensive. it's worth it having a high cost boot. way more feel, faster break in.

turbulence likes this.
  19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I buy them one at a time and usually don't trade them in but keep adding. I'm doing it wrong and need to step up my game!

20. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Yep!!!!

I had deposit down on the 500 EXC and then said screw it why not have 2 bikes that can do any type of riding that I wanted to do. I wanted a new street bike but have no desire to ride a sport bike on the street.

masshole likes this.