1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is mm93 ever coming back?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 23, 2020.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Bradl. I heard a rumour they are talking to Dovi to start the season on the Honda.

BigBird likes this.
  2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Folks are pretty high on Binder who finished 11th, only 3 places (13 pts) ahead Marquez. Binder had 1 win as his only podium. Marquez had 2 podiums, including one in the wet where the other rookies looked lost. I'd say that's a respectable rookie campaign. Even more so when you consider how difficult folks believe that bike is to ride.

Edit: just looked. Binder and Bagnaia were 12th and 13th. Even Quartararo and Vinales were 8th and 10th, and Rins was l6th

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    badmoon692008 and vizsladog like this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

for the first year in the bike coming from moto2?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've no idea. In my particular case, the cyst (and it's potential for reoccurrence) was certainly hindering healing.

If Marquez has been experiencing similar non-union issues since the initial injury (exacerbated by the rushed repair/return and re-injury via "opening a window), there could be lingering effects that go well beyond any difference in healing rates by age.

SpeedyE and Robby-Bobby like this.
  5. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I can tell you with 1st hand experience. This type of break is very slow to heal and the infection is no joke. I had sand issue back in 2000 when a faulty tire Warner left me with no temp in tire and a huge hi side on lap 1. Had sane issues with non-union and staph infection and Mersa too. I had 5 surgeries over 10 months. I will never forget getting up everyday and pulling back bandages to see 3 volcanoes erupt with greenish goo when I would make a fist. The smell will never leave my memory. Waking up in recovery with your skin folded back and looking right at the bone so it can vent and drain. Worst time of my life and to be honest my arm has never been the same. The infection was so bad they had to remove the long bar as they could not get it to stop any other way. I had to go every week and get custom brace made as my arm kept changing size with swelling for months as it to remain stead to try to get bone to heal. It hurts like hell when seasons change too. I feel for Marc and hope he gets better and can enjoy his money he has earned

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Here are pics

Attached Files:

7. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Wish I had some of what I described but the 3.5 disk from the Don’t Mavica is lost somewhere

8. mdroadracer

mdroadracer Well-Known Member

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It’s sad that for all Marc’s cojones and admirable qualities, he doesn’t have the balls to take ownership of the situation. I don’t believe for a second that Mir told him it way okay to ride and do all that shit. If he told Marc something that could remotely be interpreted as it being okay, it was because Marc and his team browbeat Dr. Mir into saying it.

Every surgeon makes mistakes and there are always potential complications, but I can’t believe that someone of Mir’s seeming reputation would say that Marc’s post-surgical activities were advisable.

The Great One, Blammo and BigBird like this.
  10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

My brother broke his humerus from the ball at the shoulder downward in a spiral (split it like firewood almost) by riding a dirt bike into a tree at high speed. Poked a hole in his armpit and twisted the shoulder apart too. He had a plate and several screws put in and did all the PT they would give him. He can lift that arm about 65 degrees from horizontal but not vertical. Probably never will but it's usable. Doctor said that sometimes they don't heal all the way and they have to cut the ball off and put a new one in (like a major hip or knee replacement) but luckily his didn't go that way. That is a no joke injury and hopefully Marquez can get back to normal but it's not gonna be easy.

BigBird likes this.
  11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

True to some degree but a bit over stated. My brother had a compound fracture decades ago flat tracking. Either from the hospital or the 'ambulance' which was a van with a light and rust holes through it he got staff in his arm. REALLY nasty staff that took a bit to cure and his arm is actually shorter than the other one now. So a career stopper? Likely. A life threatener? Very unlikely with the care he is getting and advances in medicine.

lopitt85 likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

well this dude is looking to race again....well to heal his arm.

[​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's wherever a private jet can take him...

SpeedyE and StaccatoFan like this.
  14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh please, don't feed his oversized sense of exceptionalism.... ,or plain ignorance. :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I remember that one. And the ditch was maybe 2-3 feet deep :D

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

We’re using racer measurements here. Extra drama is always free. He’s being quite modest actually, that’s not even an order of magnitude exaggeration. :D

17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I over-simplified it a bit. With today's medical advances, staph and even MERSA are generally able to be treated without complications. For those who do have complications it can range from prolonged treatment that ends in full recovery, full recovery with minor lifelong complications (like your brother), major complications like an amputation, or even sepsis and death. The more serious outcomes are rare, but common enough that I'm worried for the guy (hopefully for nothing).

Fingers crossed for him, and hopefully all of this internet banter on his condition ends up being for naught.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    The Great One and sheepofblue like this.
  18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Dr. Mir...

Hmm...

Maybe Dr. Mir is really Joan Mir! "Yes. You can definitely race on it."

SGVRider, turbulence and scottn like this.
  19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Well I was about 1/3 my current size then so if you do some funny math stuff related to proportions and shit, it comes out close to 10 feet :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Ya know, this actually reminds of one of the Beaubier interviews they played on repeat on MALive+ this season between races where he talked about a "hill" or something he used to jump on a mini bike as a kid and looking back on it, it was like a foot tall but seemed so big at the time. Can't count how many times that's happened in my life where I remember something from my childhood being way more spectacular than it actually was. So Mongo may actually be right (fuck that hurts to say :crackup:)

SGVRider likes this.