1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I get that but none of them is going to win that race and the real gap is between first and second. From third place on, you're not putting that much of a gap between you and the guy right behind you.

Did Hamilton get tested because he's showing symptoms?

OGs750 likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Everything about this virus defies common sense, and it is exposing a lot of stupidity.

3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

They said he woke up Monday feeling mild symptoms, so they checked him. All previous tests were negative.

4. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's unlikely that a midfield team will finish higher than third, but Bottas and Verstappen do have wildcard weekends at times, so the potential for a big score is there. More likely is a fight for third, and like you said, the weighting isn't that high for third down.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks. I only heard that he had but didn't read anything about it.

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

He was tested pre-event, fine, then woke up yesterday feeling off and got the positive test result.

7. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I would have just kept my mouth shut and infected as many people as I could. Why should they be happy.

:D

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I thought Russell was appointed Hamilton's eventual replacement at AMG MB. Not sure how his Williams contract reads....obviously, but here would be a good chance for him to get a seat there for a weekend and shed his "Mr. Saturday" moniker of only being good in qualifying. We can finally see if he is worth the hype. Isn't Toto his manager also?

9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

That is who I would expect them to put into the car, unless they have a designated reserve driver (which really doesn't mean anything these days), or Williams wants to extort some extra money from Mercedes for the privilege of using Russel. (depending on how the contract is written). It will be interesting to see what happens.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

VanDoorne is the third driver and has two years of F1 racing experience.

motion likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Prolly going to be Van Doorne.

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

In an unprecedented move, Williams allows Russell to drive this weekend for Mercedes. Be interesting to find out how much money that cost Mercedes.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm super stoked!

14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

What an opportunity. Hopefully there won’t be any SC restarts :D

Yzasserina likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh and also I don't think it's been noted here that Pietro Fittipaldi is in Romain's car this weekend...

Nobody mess up! :D

Razr likes this.
  16. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Who is your pick to fill in for Russell at Williams?

17. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Mick Schumacher is also confirmed for HAAS next year.

Razr and rd400racer like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Williams is another team, so how can Russell just jump in their car?

19. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

AWESOME!

Would be cool to see his first F1 points be from a podium finish!

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Jack Aitken, he's their reserve driver. It's already been decided. I get up early, lol.

Razr and OGs750 like this.