1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I guess sit out for his 2 year rookie salary!

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

they can sit out the year and re-enter the next year's draft.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Isn't it 2 or 3 years?

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I remember when Elway refused to play for the (Baltimore) Colts and Eli dissed San Diego. Teams shuffled shit and trades were made but I don't recall anyone drafted sitting out because of their refusal to play.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

not under the current CBA

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Does anyone know the statistics for extra-point completions? Has there been a significant drop off? It feels like every time I look at the TV on Sundays this year, some kicker is missing an extra point somewhere.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Went from 94.2% last year to 93.6% this year according to theringer.com.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, damn, not nearly as much as I would've thought. Thanks.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Trevor is a good place because he doesn't even have to declare for the draft this year, hell I think he has two years of eligibility left because of covid

BigBird likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean for sure, but seeing Burrows go down and out for the year, Trevor getting Covid, and I always remember Willis McGahee's injury....anything can happen in that fooseball.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I like the new longer distance extra point kick. The shorter kick was kind of a waste. This makes it more of a challenge for the kicker and adds some
    "He could mess this up" drama to a games outcome.

I was skeptical at first, but in practice I see it as the right move.

Banditracer and BigBird like this.
  12. noles19

Oh I agree anything can happen which is why if I was Trevor I'd stay at Clemson and not play next year, the tua situation helped clear up the worse case scenario a QB if he got drafted as high as he did after those injuries tearing up a knee isn't as big of a deal

BigBird likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He recovered. I wouldn't call that the worst-case scenario. If Lawrence is actually working towards a degree, fine. If not, he might want to stop pushing his luck and cash out. I get that surgeons keep getting better at performing miracles but I would be very nervous passing over the top drafting position a couple of times or more. I'm sure there is a Greg Oden for every Tua.

BigBird likes this.
  14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Or maybe you`re watching the same team(s) a lot, ..:D

15. noles19

Yeah I didn't explain what I meant clearly, I meant that Tua getting drafted that high after that injury should reassure Trevor that if he gets hurt he'll still get drafted.
    Also I think you're under estimating what getting drafted by the jets would do to his career

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:
    Nah, mostly NFL Red Zone.

cav115 likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean his bank account would have a comma, maybe two added to it.

Fitzpatrick proved you can have a life even if you were with the Jets. #jetsSuck

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, your post was pretty clear. I was saying that not all injuries are the same. Maybe something happens to him that no team wants to take a chance on before the fourth round or worse.

noles19 and BigBird like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Papa jinxed his squad...missed PAT

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rigo Sanchez, the Colts punter, was diagnosed with cancer last week. He played last Sunday, and is having surgery today. He says he will be back playing before the season ends. Hope he does well.

masshole and BigBird like this.