1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanity Check -- New Ford Purchase

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Nov 30, 2020.

1. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Hello, I bought a new Ford truck a week ago. The dealership was under new ownership so things were a little chaotic.

There's one specific item I am hoping to ask about/understand. I qualify for the Military discount of $500 through ID.me. The dealership wants the coupon and I'm fine giving it to them, however, and this is my question--they didn't write it into the "discounts and rebates" section of the deal paperwork. The only item there is $250 delivery-type fee waived.

The when I asked they said they had taken it off the initial asking price--again, I'm fine with that.... but does this sound like a normal thing the dealer should do--baking the coupon into the deal price and have it not be part of the deal paperwork?

Thank you for sharing any insights! :D

2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

probably in fine print on the deal... ALL REBATES TO DEALER. So, you will sign that over to them. i may be wrong though. Ski

trancework likes this.
  3. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

They are going to stick to their guns and say that’s what they did, and that may be the truth. You’ll never know at that dealer for sure. The only other option I see is go shopping at another dealer and play the game all over, settle on the PRICE of the truck, NOT the payment, then drop that coupon in their lap.

trancework likes this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you got a deal on the truck, then it's in there.

trancework likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

if it's a rebate, you paid taxes on it. if it was a discount, then you didn't pay taxes on it. figure out the taxes and see what the selling price was.

6. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Thanks @Razr! This is the answer. The site was down last week and couldn't process the rebate. I had to re-apply and get a new code which they put against the offer price. All sorted.

Razr likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Glad thats all figured out...Now about your general sanity for buying a new F- product in the first place....

[​IMG]

Razr and BigBird like this.
  8. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Haha. Knew that was coming. After telling my wife 12 years ago I would never buy another ford... Well I bought my first Diesel 6.0. Anyways. I love it. But the only fords I will buy are the diesel trucks. Nothing else. I wish I could afford a new Ford Diesel truck. $70k-$90k?!! Get the F outa here!

Razr likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

High volumes and high margins. Pickup trucks are fantastic racket to be in nowadays.

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Wait... you bought a 6.0? um... good luck. :D

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Fully bulletproofed it. Its solid. gutted and updated the interior with 2016 leather. I have some serious $$ invested. Truck needs to last.

12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

This was riduculous money plus the head studs, EGR, blah blah, but Cant have it breaking down towing trailer to tracks.

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Fair enough.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

BigBird likes this.