1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyson vs. Jones Jr.

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I want Holyfield.

pushystone likes this.
  2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Snoop Dogg kept making jokes about this while commentating. It was actually pretty funny.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe this is due to my lack of knowledge regarding boxing, but I'm not sure I understand how Tyson was not declared the winner.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I haven't seen the fight but don't forget that this was an exhibition. That makes a draw much more likely, in my opinion. Everyone walks away happy with lots of money and no damage to their reputation.

Gorilla George and JBraun like this.
  6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It was going to be a draw no matter what happened. It was technically an "exhibition", and the Athletic Commission that sanctioned the fight was doing everything they could to keep it from being called a competition for liability reasons.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Razr likes this.
  8. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If people would quit paying to see this kinda bullshit, then this kinda bullshit would cease.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Floyd broke already?

If you can market something to the masses that is mildly entertaining, and is $39.99 you will become very rich. Most people don't blink at spending less than $50 for a few hours of entertainment.

BigBird likes this.
  11. auminer

Panem et circenses... But only after you have your vaccine. ;)

"If you don't eat ya meat... you can't have any pudding!.... How can you have any pudding if you don't eat ya meat??? Stand still laddie!"

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

If you want to see,probably the best fight of all time, pull up Quawee - Jones.

JBraun likes this.
  13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This your obligatory get off my lawn post for the day? :crackup: Not gonna lie, a buddy and I have already decided we're gonna split the cost to see "this kinda bullshit," just like we did for Mcgregor/Mayweather and Tyson/Jones. I'll gladly throw down $25 to see Logan Paul get KTFO in about 15 seconds :crackup: And if we're lucky, maybe some of the other fights will be decent.

This is no different than the bagger race from Laguna. Purists of the sport probably think it's dumb as hell. But the casual viewer/non-hardcore enthusiast finds it rather entertaining. That's me with fighting. I don't keep up with the shit, just know some of the names and have seen the occasional fight because it's to big to miss entirely. So these publicity stunt fights are honestly quite entertaining for a lot of folks like me.

14. auminer

Yeah, probably. :D

I guess I'm just still bitter about the last time I ever dropped coin for a PPV event. The undercard was semi-entertaining, especially the chick fight, but what was supposed to be the main event with ""the baddest man on the planet"" ended sadly with a bitten-off ear.

I swore, never again.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hearns/Hagler was a good one also.

casjoker likes this.
  16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Very true. The thing that struck me about Quawee Jones was how far the fight went from one side to the other. At different points, each man looked like he was done, and then he wasn't. Dudes fighting with will above body.

17. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Just watched the fight. My god the announcer was a Debbie downer the entire time talking about how they’re old, winded, slow, not in their prime. Jeezus man, you must be fun at parties.

Tyson won that one.

18. auminer

I still haven't bothered.

And I noticed that it wasn't on entensity.net the next day. Kinda tells me all that I DIDN'T need to know about the bout.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Both Leonard/Duran fights, the Gatti/Ward trilogy, Chavez/Taylor...

I miss boxing before it was ruined. There’s so much talent now that we should be seeing legendary fights every weekend, but we don’t because promoters.

BigBird likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Agreed on both counts. I couldn't believe that the announcer was on the promoter's (or broadcaster, I don't know) payroll.