1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW Racetrack in Missouri/Ozarks???

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Nov 25, 2020.

1. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

The elevation changes in that area are phenomenal. It's going to feel like Barber. Probably without the stellar landscaping though.

SpeedyE and ducnut like this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s OK. I’m only interested in the asphalt part. :D

BigBird, Phl218, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

my buddies (MCRA/CCS racers) flew a plane there today and took pics/video....the word is it will be run in clockwise direction.

2 hours +/- from my house :)

Why is WERA not coming?????? :(

Ozark track.jpg

5axis, BigBird, borislav and 4 others like this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If they are running it clockwise, there are a few areas where they need to move some more trees.

ClemsonsR6 and SpeedyE like this.
  5. SpeedyE

I thought same thing. Im hoping they were hustling to get the tarmac laid down and give it time to become cured, then they concentrate on runoff....i hoping anyways.

ducnut likes this.
  6. SpeedyE

If WERA comes, I will be FREE Wera-Beeb pitb*tch...... :) would finally get to meet everyone <3 :)

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

That carousel in the upper left is off camber !

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Unless they have more paving to do, that looks pretty narrow.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. koth442

It's difficult to tell. The track is supposed to be 4 miles long. Might just LOOK narrow even if it is 50' wide.

10. SpeedyE

My friend w/ the airplane said they building walls on the outer edges of the turns..... :(
    Oh well....it's a car/kart track now.

R/T Performance and Phl218 like this.
  11. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

They moved the wall in turn 4 about 8-10ft off the track and had removed the catch fence. When they were asked to put it back, they said "We're too busy, we don't have the time".

stk0308 and SpeedyE like this.
  12. koth442

Insert meme of choice: *NOOOOOOOOOOOO*

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

They just posted more photos on Facebook. Looks like the "outside" track might be bike friendly but it is also pretty lame looking. Someone drew a line where they could skip the bad wall and still get some of the inside section but odds of that happening are slim to none. Maybe 2022...

SpeedyE and ducnut like this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

There are a couple places in the inside of the track where bikes or cars could crash or run of and end up back on the race surface, one in oncoming traffic. Not a smart layout...

badmoon692008, SpeedyE and ducnut like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I have seen the pictures. No at this point we don't have plans of racing there - or not racing there - there isn't enough anything to make plans. Once it's built I'll need to go see it however the aerial shots are not making me feel warm and fuzzy about it's viability for motorcycles.

16. SpeedyE

Thank you, Sean!!!! :)

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

18. koth442

Holy picture size batman!

But good to know.

19. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

they said it will be motorcycle friendly but the walls and runoff don't look so great. This new track will be 6hrs from me so definitely close enough to visit. Also, they posted a video of a mustang on the track surface so i'm sure they waited the minimum amount of time before testing it out... that will cause some issues down the road.

lopitt85, SpeedyE and ducnut like this.
  20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Link for the video?