1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Then Altus is making the step up to full SuperBike as Jake isn't eligible for Stock 1000

rafa likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All it'd take is cash and a lot of it.

rafa likes this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Not 100% correct

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't know them, but I've seen first hand the level of effort they are putting in to Rocco's MA racing, and it's immense. They (the whole Landers Family) are living on the road and basically going from one track to the next, club racing and supermoto at kart tracks in between "real" race weekends. They are putting EVERYTHING into it.

For him to be successful in the Rookie's Cup, a lot of that would have to be put on hold so they could go to Europe and put in some serious effort training on those bikes / tracks. That is a tough choice to have to make when they are as spooled up as they are for racing here in the US. Throw in the fact that the kid seemingly grew 6" and 30 pounds over the off season and there you have it.

From what I've seen, He's a hell of a talent. Still has some growing up to do off the bike, though that is to be expected for someone his age.

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Tall order there...

6. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Kind of remind's me of CJ Weaver's racing effort. Family put everything into it, then one crash at Sonoma Raceway lead to some medical bills knocking down the house of cards.

However, I think Rocco is a better rider, at a better time with more publicity. Finger's crossed he doesn't follow in CJ's footsteps.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

It is true, but have to be hopeful.

I dont think they need to go straight to the deep end.
    Peterson was able to fight with some superbikes depending on the track. They can slowly build a SBK bike? I mean for now get a little extra hp, some light weight wheel, and go for it.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Melissa was on one of those video podcasts with CU, Stanboli and some others I forget (Fat Chuck showed up from the hospital parking lot and I think Hayes also came in after loading Melissa's bike in the truck). She talked about people running Superbikes and spending their money wisely on go faster parts.

For a moment I thought she was Barry from Mad Max talking about her bike. :crackup:
    <Melissa> ". . . just happened Stanboli, you know - A piece from here and a piece from there."
    <Stamboli> "So easy?"

"She sucks nitro... with Phase 4 heads! 600 horsepower through the wheels! She's meanness set to music and the bitch is born to run!"

9. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

What a concept!

mdub048, Triple X, JJJerry and 12 others like this.
  10. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well hopefully if Jake the Snake is teaming up with Altus next year it's because Cam P. got a crack at M4 or Attack's open SB seat for next year, and not Altus running 2 SS1000 bikes next year.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh yeah, that squirrely kid that runs a Ducati in his own team was on the video podcast thingie. :crackup:o_O

Sorry I forgot to mention you, Kyle. :(

Really, that series of podcasts (or whatever you want to call it) is damn good.

ducnut and henry_carlson like this.
  12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Heard it somewhere, that someone did that...... cant think who

13. Then free free to write the check for the additional cost involved.

14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Was Cam B at the Moto 2 test?

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Hey, im just being hopeful to have another good team/rider on SBK.

They already run SuperbikeCup. The aditional costs are all motorcycle related (not that it is cheap). But like I said they can start small, they dont need to go full magneti marelli from the get go.

16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Is the snake going to be on an Altus 600???

17. younglion

What Moto2 test?

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

The moto2 test that Joe Roberts just completed last weekend(?) maybe?

19. younglion

As in the final race round of the season in Portugal that was last weekend?

A quick search found this:

MotoGP™ will have two tests in early 2021, plus the shakedown test at the Sepang International Circuit. See below for the full provisional pre-season test schedule, including Moto2™ and Moto3™:

Shakedown Test: 14th – 16th February
    Sepang Test: 19th – 21st February
    Qatar Test: 10th – 12th March
    Set up takes place on the two days preceding MotoGP™ tests.

Moto2™ and Moto3™ will have one test.

Jerez Test: 16th – 18th March
    Set up takes place on the day preceding the Moto2™ and Moto3™ test.

20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I saw a pic of Joe on his new Alitans bike. Didnt say anything about test. The American team looks like the only thing they are riding right now are gokarts.