1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

For those interested, you can get the shop manual from af1 for 9 ish bucks.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

4. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Aprilia Demos at cota for the 660 filled fast so i didn't get a chance to ride it.
    Chris Ulrich was there and pretty sure he was the one out there making fast laps on one.
    The demos were pre production models and had some software glitches when my buddy who road down with me got a test drive on one. lights and a limp in mode that required a key cycle to reset

5. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Coles Notes:

- Kaleb passed "sponsorship #101 taught by Miggy DuHamel - "Aprilia RS 660", never "the bike, the Aprilia, the Priller...!!!"
    - the "bike" is SWEET, like, super sweet, reeeal sweet but also a little awesome too.
    - If you say something enough you can kinda wish it into existence aka "IF MA homologates it", now repeat...

ducnut likes this.
  7. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Salesman BS.

Boman Forklift and regularguy like this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Just sharing the post.;)

9. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Was flipping through Facebook and saw where a race team over seas already put one on the dyno.
    Said 87 at the rear stock. They also weighed it with all fluids but gasoline and it was 387lbs. Should make for a very fun bike.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

How about 98rwhp?

B2C9472A-80BB-446D-987E-C118FA837299.jpg

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I would tend to think the one from Gabro Racing is pretty accurate. He’s done TONS of work on Aprilias over the years while racing them.

MachineR1 and ducnut like this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

He told me he’s been with them ~20yrs. Probably not a lot he doesn’t know.;)

13. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Pretty sure 98 was crank correct? That’s what I read it but I’m not the smartest lol

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

His development threads on the Aprilia Forum are a wealth of information. I would imagine he will have one for the RS660 started up soon, if he hasn't already.

wac and ducnut like this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

73kw at the rear wheel converts to 98rwhp.

8B834DCA-0946-4A9A-BEE9-912BC87BA3B9.jpg

5axis and WANABE RACER like this.
  16. Busdriver02

Gabro's post says 87 hp at the rear wheel, which looks to be the red power line in the picture. Not sure how he sets up his dyno software. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that. But, the readout shows “73kw”, which converts to ~98. I’m not sure which is accurate, either. Either way, 87 is pretty stout, too.

Edit: Gawd! I’m an idiot. I just read “crank values” on the graph. I wonder, how that is figured off the rear wheel? I’ll take 87rwhp, though.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    WANABE RACER likes this.
  18. Busdriver02

I assume that torque display includes estimates for something. The "coppia max" on the left shows 66.2Nm max. Regardless, seems to be pretty healthy.

ducnut likes this.
  19. Eric_O8a

Eric_O8a Active Member

If it gets homologated 2021 Twins Cup is about to get very interesting when this bike runs 98 HP stock

20. rwdfun

rwdfun

Fixed that for ya

vdub 2.0 likes this.