1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 14 | Portugal | Portimao | Nov 20-22

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 16, 2020.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Might need to look for GGILFs bud. Latinas can be a GILF right around 30. :beer:

YamahaRick likes this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You must know my wife's family.

SGVRider and YamahaRick like this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It would be very hard to turn down any ride in the big show. The next offer might never come.

4. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

This track looks absolutely amazing! The wide and undulating track reminds me of Barber. I'm excited to watch the race; hopefully the track makes for good racing.

I agree that it's debatable whether Aprilia Motogp would be good for JR's career. But it would definitely be exciting to have an American in Motogp to root for again.

5. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Has Rossi officially left the building? just asking....

6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

KTM as far as streetbikes are concerned.

Knotcher likes this.
  7. Chango

Chango Something clever!

And yet, apparently everybody else Aprilia has approached (which is just about everybody on the planet at this point) has turned down that particular ride.

BigBird likes this.
  8. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Only if scooters are accounted for - actual streetbikes (gears, not step through) KTM far outsells Aprilia.

9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Well, I was thinking actual sportbikes.

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Enough people have turned down Aprilia to raise concerns. They’ve shown moments (very small) of promise. I wonder if they can get their engine dialed back up they may be much more competitive. Be interested in the reasons for all those who turned it down.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So you think Aprilia sells more street bikes worldwide? I'm not sure about that if you include dual sport and enduro bikes that you can license for street use.
    But if you are talking about all bikes including dirt bikes KTM has to be a ton bigger, right?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

So everyone seems to like the track, except Dovi.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ya know, back in the day, when Suzuki was a 500Gp contender, Aprilia had a pretty good handle on the 125s and 250s...title-winning bikes. And then there's their more recent performance in WSB. Maybe they don't have a lot of money for a MotoGP effort, but they seem to have done well in the past.
    Suzuki is back, why not Aprilia?

14. BHP41

Because all the people that engineered those bikes are working for Suzuki,KTM and Ducati.

15. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Given the fact most riders are signed through 2022 and likely the only exit from the class would be VR after 2021... why not take the Aprilia.
    Personally I'd makes sure two conditions were met: #1 the money was at least double his 2021 moto2 contract, #2 it was a two year contract with the money guaranteed.

It honestly looks difficult to get into motogp until 2023 at this point.

Edit: Forgot about Iker... I could see him being shown the door.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's funny. Is it the truth?

17. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Biaggi's WSBK was damn near a motogp bike. It used 30 motors a year but, ya know.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. BHP41

There’s truth to everything that’s funny.

I honestly don’t know but I’ve heard that the brains up and down the ladder are all gone.

19. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

That track looks absolutely fucking brilliant

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Simon crafar just posted a video lapping the place.