1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

EDC?

2. SpeedyTide

Do all pistols have a Decocker? Seems like a good "feature" if not using the Safety.
    SA?

3. SpeedyTide

Note to self:
    Purchase highest capacity magazine.....check! :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Every Day Carry. Meaning it’s the one I always have on me.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You found a mud puddle in an urban environment? o_O
    Assuming the AK and AR are ready to fire...
    Correct me if I'm wrong, an AK fires from an open bolt. While it's layin' there in the muck, wouldn't its chamber be open to collect all sorts of crap? Wouldn't it need to be rinsed out before that bolt can slam home and fire off a round?
    The AR has a dust cover over the ejection port. Even if its open, the bolt carrier is filling that gap and the chamber is less likely to have crap in it as its being protected by the locked lugs of the bolt.
    Let's also assume your urban mudhole doesn't have any standing water to rinse things off. Which one were you thinkin' of goin' for?
    Don't believe the AK hype on YouTube about being impervious to mud, crud and other debris. It's totally exposed to it and it will need to be rinsed out.
    If the AR platform was so susceptible to a malf in respect to a spec of dirt getting under its skin, why would our SFs have the M16 variants in their hands as they crawled out of the sand-churning surf, ready to kick ass? Shouldn't they be carrying AKs, you know, so they don't have any malfs?

<end riot> :D

6. For the hell of it I went to my normal sites to check 10mm ammo. If ammo was available, I might consider expanding my caliber selections and get some more guns in 10mm.

But there is no 10mm ammo around either.

45ACP and 9mm is going for $1.20-$1.50 per round. With as much as I go to the range, that’s insane.

I’m glad I stocked up back when it was (relatively) cheap.

DaveB likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I paid 1.15 per round last week for 223's. My damned .303's are 2 bucks a shot and up.

8. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I have seen some 9mm target stuff for 60 cents a round locally but since I have a decent amount on hand that I bought back when it was 17 to 20 cents a round I wasn't tempted.

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I don't see to many people at the range anymore. If they do show up it is to shot maybe 15-20 rounds than they leave. They all complain about no ammo or how expensive it has gotten.

10. fastfreddie

Central PA, 9mm is $0.50/rd, .45ACP is $0.60/rd, but .223/5.56 is $1.20/rd. Things are slow up here...we still have Talons in .45ACP if anyone remembers those.

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

No. Some pistol makers will make both options which is nice for us

12. I know. I like it. I can always pick my favorite lanes. :D

Photo likes this.
  13. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I bring my 22's and camp out . I went through 700 rounds this week.

14. fastfreddie

SA - Single Action, squeezing the trigger releases a cocked hammer or striker.

The rabbit hole that one can descend into - SA, DA (Double Action), DA/SA (Double Action/Single Action), SAO (Single Action Only), DAO (Double Action Only) - is deepened by the choices of available decockers, decocker safeties, or safety only equipped firearms.

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

After the last insane .22 ammo shortage ended, I bought about 10,000 rounds just to be safe. A few range days like that and I would be out. Is it getting hard to find yet?

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

With as much as you shoot and that you only shoot a few calibers, you should be reloading, especially range ammo. Get the nicest Dillon they have and crank out a few thousand rounds each of 9, 45 and 223.

17. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

No. The ak does not fire from the open bolt.

18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Even 22 is crazy priced. Most LGS want double the normal price and wally world has campers that show up every morning to see if they got a shipment in.

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Changed that a little for ya Jeffah...start here...

[​IMG]

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I shoot a couple of obscure calibers so I'm used to paying crazy ammo prices, but it looks like the everyday stuff is catching up. Since production costs probably haven't changed much, I wonder who is putting the extra money in their pockets?