1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That's because AKs require specialized tools that can only be sourced from communists and you have to speak either Russian or Chinese to it in order for it to behave.

Seriously though, look on the internet and you'll find plenty of memes and shit with AK owners making fun of AR guys who "build" their AR. Building a complete AR is like 5 nuts and bolts and a few roll pins for the entire gun. Just make sure you torque the barrel nut correctly and you'll be fine.

sanee likes this.
  2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I built my first and only AR from parts. Its not difficult at all. They are like an Erector Set. You just need to decide on the quality level of parts you want to use.
    I have a second lower that has no purpose at this point, but not enough desire for another AR to build it.

Photo likes this.
  3. upload_2020-11-13_12-3-26.jpeg

fastfreddie likes this.
  4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm much more interested in building long range match rifles and a matchibg smallbore. I will be putting irons on my AR for practice @300m this winter. All my ammo is match grade. I don't "plink".
    I built my AR after the riots in Minneapolis and the threat of them taking it beyond the suburbs.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm going to start a forum riot with this, but the AK is a superior urban combat platform.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm interested. Please go on.
    (not being a smart ass, genuinely interested).

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Triggered!!! :D Building, ahem, assembling an AR 300BLK is more superior.
    It's what to do with your "spare" lower(s) when you're generally a sharpshootin' guy...build something that takes care of the vermin inside the perimeter. :flag:

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I know this, the AK round is still available. I don't really want another caliber to keep up with, but it's almost tempting.

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yeah i have a pretty good game plan for one of em but probably not happening anytime soon due to parts availability and my empty wallet

10. nigel smith

You and another guy are engaged in mortal combat. An AR and an AK are laying in a mud puddle. Which one are you going to pick up, knowing he will get the other?

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying your wrong but more resistant to getting mucked up and superior are dramatically different. How about this:
    You and another guy are engaged in mortal combat at 300m you have either an AK (7.62x39) or AR (5.56) both with irons, which do you pick? The AK is going to drop at that distance and the AR probably isn't going to drop. Do you have time to figure the drop before the other guy gets you?

12. nigel smith

Urban combat. I won't deny the superior accuracy of the AR at longer distances. The AR definitely wins at the shooting range.

13. In this scenario y’all are discussing, you’d better hope that all Law Enforcement is gone, and it is basically a real life 24/7 version of The Purge.

Because there is no way in hell anyone will be able to convince a Judge/Jury that self-defense in the form of deadly force was justified after you picked somebody off at 300m.

Hell, you’d have a hard time getting a jury to buy it was self-defense after you shot somebody at 100m, unless you stopped someone who was shooting up the other end of a Mall or some shit.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Exactly why my home defense consists of a 12ga with BB shot and 9mm ar pistol with 33rd mags. If I shoot anything at over 15 yards I'm pretty sure I am going up the river for a while.

15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

a 3" or 3"1/2 hevi shot would be nasty for an intruder. I killed two hogs with it last year while I was turkey hunting

I shot a Christensen 9mm AR 4 weeks ago and that thing was so fun. Suppress it and it'd be a sweet little rifle

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yall are sleeping on the suppressed .300BLK for close quarters.

Jedb likes this.
  17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

my 300blk out I had for a minute with a 9" long dong silver suppressor that made it super quiet. It was ok but the 6.8 has been much better for my ranges Fun little rifle though while it lasted. Ammo was pricey
    [​IMG]

Jedb and Gorilla George like this.
  18. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Great advice, especially the last paragraph....thank you! And, yes....my bud did say to get to the range to try different rental models for these same reasons.

19. SpeedyTide

Unfortunately, I'm not but appreciate you mentioning.

20. SpeedyTide

Thanks!!

Like I mentioned in GG's post....my bud recommended this as well. Assume OWB & IWB is outside & inside waistband, correct?

This.