Crutchlow replaces Lorenzo

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 13, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Interesting....

2. ScottieDucati

ScottieDucati Hopeless Never-was.

And nothing of substance will change as a result, except LCR might have less crash damage in the ‘21 budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robby-Bobby and Phl218 like this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

hope JLo left enough scarfs there as band-aids for Crashlow

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was thinking about Lorenzo last night. He's what, 33 now? This is probably the first time in his life that he can spend his cash, run around being a douche nozzle, chase chicks and enjoy himself. He has probably trained every day and done nothing but think about and work towards racing at the highest levels until this year.

I think he might be done as a top level racer. He seems to really enjoy being a douchebag. Posting photos of all the kick ass shit he's been able to buy and live the life that iannone tried to portray.

He has money, he's famous but has the face of a baboon. Money and fame will get you past the fuglies and into the pants of some really super hot chicks.

ShadowBoxer and Peter Hively like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

he can still do all the plastic surgery that Iannone has already had ... and then buy a boat.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Do you think Pedrosa would drive his boat for him?

RichB, vfrket and Robin172 like this.
  7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

yamaha failed their riders by not utilizing Lorenzo and its showing

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Actually JLo was known for not having the best physical endurance, it plagued him at Ducati and it made yamaha drop him as a test rider this year. If you look at his instagram, he's always been spending his cash and running with chicks.

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah I don't get it..

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  11. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

did lorenzo do more than one test for yamaha???

I mean really, what is up at Yamaha? Lack of money?

12. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I would never question Lorenzo's race fitness.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I think signing Crutchlow is yet another reason why Lyn Jarvis should be fired.

Sure, the bikes are not the best of the field right now. But having riders that a) need to be put out to pasture (V46), b) assigned to a mental hospital (Mav), and c) never had the pace to win (CC) is NOT the way you win championships.

05Yamabomber likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean he did well on the Yamaha, and it was the independent team. Only Aliens in front of him on factory bikes.

upload_2020-11-13_14-11-21.png

Dave Hanson likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So who else would you put on the Yamaha test bike that is better, remembering that Dovi won't take the job? I would say they are darn lucky to have someone with the pace of Cal on the test bike.
    V46 has been moved off the factory team for next year, so they have a young hot shoe that will finish 2nd or 3rd in the championship this year next to Mav. But you are right, they should have canned Rossi. It makes so much sense to fire the most popular rider on the grid who is also bringing in the most money and fans. That would have been brilliant! :rolleyes:

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

lol where and when was that ever known.

On the Yamaha he never fades in the last laps and always was within 1-2/10 whole race.

mom the ducati when they finally made it comfortable for him to ride, he did the same.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm sticking my neck waaay out here but given the budget, the mechanics and a good contract limiting the stupid in the pits, I'd take raper face over crutchlow 9 out of 10 times.

Lorenzo can get back into Alien shape if he wanted to. Crutchlow would be fun to hang out with, zoom the chicks and drinks beers with.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Does he ever actually chase chicks?

BigBird likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit if I know but went with it. No idea if he hangs out in airport bathrooms and tippy taps his toes or chases skeezers.

Whatever he chases he's got time now. lol!

20. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I hope Yamaha gets a good deal on bodywork because they are going to need a lot of it. Arai quit sponsoring Crutchlow because he was going through too many helmets and they couldn't afford him. They don't call him Gravel Trap Cal for nothing.

Phl218 likes this.