1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 ZX10R & ZX10RR pictures and data.

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Nov 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

(Note): Last summer I read that the new bike will have a new engine (that was being tested at the time), and downforce wings. Since the bike below do not have the wings, and the listed power/RPM data is similar to the 2020 models... I feel they will have a Homologated Limited Edition version debut later next year along with these two models.

Article.....
    https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-fea...ed-in-australian-certification-documents.html

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. vonstallin

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Kawasaki makes awesome bikes, but really need better designers. My God

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Maybe those hideous fish lips are the downforce wings.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hard to tell exactly from that parked on the back of a loading dock pic, but yeah that is a weird looking front end.

6. Integrated into a big ass ram air

7. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Holy ugly front ends. Before they spin off the motorcycle side, they put Homer Simpson in charge of design?

Newyork likes this.
  8. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I was hoping for bigger changes. I don’t care for the ergonomics of the current bike and the 2021 looks the same.

9. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I REALLY don't like the matt finish, I was hoping that trend would have faded by now. It's like somebody could afford a clear coat. Like many things, I'm probably in a small minority in that line of thinking.

BigBird likes this.
  10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Jesus. Did they really have to follow the H2 design language with that nose?

That is Princess Vespa before her nose job......

Phl218 and Suzuka_joe like this.
  11. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I've been excited for a new ZX10R all year..

And this is what they've come up with?

This ugly as sin ass looking thing?

THIS!?

I'm buying a GSXR

GROOOSSSS!

Newyork likes this.
  12. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Front end looks like a Monday

Senna, SpeedyE and turbulence like this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I'm thinking more like Bruce Jenner after his.

14. vonstallin

I was expecting a reverse swingarm, since that seems to be the latest trend on factory sport bikes.

Similar to this.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I see you were born in the Broome Era as well.

16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Not Broome approved

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Apparently that's becoming exceedingly difficult to do with the way exhaust and more specifically exhaust catalyzers are scoped/sized out and tried to be kept as low as possible since they weight so much.

Would probably only be feasible on a non-road legal from the factory limited edition bike that did not need to adhere to DOT etc emissions mandates. Just spitballing here but the last OEM bike I can remember that employed an underslung swinger was the 09-14 gen R1 at the expense of mounting all the exhaust stuff up high....and that fashion trend has since died out.

[​IMG]

18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Most factory bikes wont be coming with an underslung swinger for a long time. At least until the figure out how to package emissions even tighter. Most factory race teams will just run a Suter/Kalex/Febur arm (or even race factory redesign like Kawi, and Yamaha) anyway because they're removing emissions equipment and changing exhausts.

Although in BSB, BuildBase Suzuki (now BMW) ran a stock swinger for a while. They tried aftermarket ones and didn't see any gains that matched the price+ having spares.

Motorcycle geometry stuff is so fascinating

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

BMW currently does it
    Capture.JPG

20. vonstallin

I forgot about emissions...BMW seems to have figured it out. The underslung swingarm for the most part would only help Super Stock races around the world Id guess. So might not be a top priority. (Easier access to the shock)