1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

not the " Now Leaving Pa" part!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some parts are better then others. :D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've never read any of his stories (seemed to be glorifying drug use from 10 yards away and that's not my bag) or much of him but I think you are either giving me way too much credit or dragging him down. I post shit that might make myself and 6 other people laugh and most others will think you farted in church. :(

I sold a few jokes to some comedians, one that was on Late night but that's not my thing. No money in it so I'll tell my jokes to myself and maybe text corporate joe or hairgel some shit now and again. It's not about the masses but the BBS asses.

I'd love to tell some stories, especially some Kocinski, KR Senior, Renfrow, Crevier (asshat), Russell and so many others but, I can't. Some of that shit will die with me (and for the better of their legacies) :crackup:

Shenanigans and Gino230 like this.
  4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Oh shit I'm getting my protest forms ready!

5. Gino230

Kinda looks like a certain LWT racer.... @swiest152

Quicktoy and swiest152 like this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Haha, I was going to say the same thing!

Gino230 likes this.
  7. Gino230

California is beautiful. Awesome weather, mountains, beach, desert, lots of riding opportunities, etc.

I was blown away by how negative the overall energy is out there. You have to wear a mask OUTSIDE for gods sake, there's signs everywhere threatening fines. Everyone gives everyone else the stink eye. I was drinking coffee at a table outside without my mask, you wouldn't believe the dirty looks. I felt like Walter Sobjack- "I'm enjoying my coffee!"

Alot of the cool, normal people are leaving, (or they at least say they are leaving) which makes you wonder what the state is going to be like in a few years with a lot less income and less sanity.

On the flip side, you are allowed to have bonfires, alcohol, and dogs on the beach. If I went to Ft. Lauderdale beach with a beer and my dog and lit a fire, I'd be in jail. WTF?

8. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

You too can have such a distinguished look.

Quicktoy and Gino230 like this.
  9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The drugs and alcohol just set the tone for his writing. Thompson started out as a sports writer for Stars and Stripes when he was in the military. I think this caused him to write about politics as more of a spectator sport. The only difference between you and him was the drugs and Jan Wenner was stupid enough to put him on the Rolling Stone staff, giving him national exposure. Thompson's expense account was crippling, I heard.
    Something I noted back in the day was that a bunch of aspiring writers were imitating his style. It's like guitar licks. Eddie Van Halen's style was truly innovative, but when Sammy Hagar was playing some of the same licks on stage next to him, it was like, "Meh." because everyone knew who originated the style.
    There was somebody at Loudon who took on the job of LRRS correspondent to RW. He sent in one dispatch about an event that was held in the rain. He got carried away in the prose, turning on his inner HST. I saw him at
    the next event and he was looking a bit dejected. He explained that JU was displeased with his last article and wasn't bashful about saying so. I replied that I didn't blame JU at all, he wasn't looking for rants from a Hunter Thompson wannabee. "And you actually had the balls to insert the phrase 'fear and loathing' in that mess? I'm surprised he didn't edit the shit out of it!"
    Welcome to the club. I am constantly told I should write a book about my experiences with LRRS. Won't happen.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where does one even begin with that line of work? You were going to committee gloves and approaching comedians to offer jokes for sale? How much does that pay?

Ever sold a joke to Kenny Bania? :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One of those met someone at a party who writes for X, Y and Z and was getting into writing for some production company. Paid something like $30 for the joke, $100 for the one that some hack used on some late night tv show. Fun for about a minute and then it wasn't. :D

I'd love to write for Bania. :D "Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Roundtine!"

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Just saw on Instagram that Toni will be back next year new team new bike? Anyone heard with who?

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Robem Engineering RS660

14. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Yep.

I've heard this, too.

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

In a twisted kind of way that would actually be worth watching

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Toni is gonna race middle weight? Awesome. I’m guessing this new aprilia 660 is a middle weight triple?

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No, its legal for the new MotoGP class in MA.

18. Quicktoy

I can’t find anything on it. What’s the scoop?

19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I just cannot see Toni riding in the twins class. These guys are full of shit. Im sure he is going to be on a new bike. Ducati or Kawasaki Superbike.

koth442 likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Damn. I was being f’ed with :(

henry_carlson and motion like this.