1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official YouTube Video Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 13, 2009.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yea, something ain't right with that excuse. How many "record" runs did they do when the driver pumped his fists at the end celebrating their achievement?

Very interesting story.

I'm also curious to know how they managed solve the issue of having a tire that can achieve those speeds when Bugatti, with all the engineering prowess and financial backing of a major corporation in VW, with all their engineering prowess, could not.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The irony is that they were recently criticizing Bugatti for bending the rules of speed records.

3. I am not quite sure Bugatti couldn’t solve the issue to actually have a tire to survive but it was more of the safety and risk factor they were not willing to take. Way too much risk and liability at those speeds, unless you are on an RC51 with Cheng Shins. Plus I believe the Bugatti may weigh more and also not sure what downforce numbers are at speed either. Many factors into the equation of tires, everything from air flow, weight bias at speed, how much carbon is exposed and not painted, if you have “Dangerzone” playing on the radio or not, list goes on but it’s pretty complicated. Plus Bugatti has also stated they are pretty much done with the speed record stuff. Really a lot of risk with little reward as they pre sell all units so don’t need the publicity like ssc does.
    Either way once you hit over 225 or so it pretty mind boggling the forces in play. So many factors and so much shit that can go south in a hurry. It’s a massive amount of load on key components in the car for a sustained period of time.
    If I was the chief engineer at ssc I’d just have said “just gimme the high gear” and been done with it. When you say that no one will question you and if they do they need a nut punch. You don’t question Harry.

4. Well they “were” a French company, just sayin :)

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yup. Now they're going time-attack......

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not to anyone's surprise I'm sure, but it sure didn't take Hollywood very long to cash in on the plandemic.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It's a pretty good business model if you ask, ...anyone.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Misery sells.....which then facilitates drug prescriptions to medicate away the misery. Helluva good model!

britx303 likes this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And it spun out into Breaking Bad....

<Sudden Ambivalence>

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I wonder how many people actually thought this was a real thing ...

(I didn't want to wait until 31 Mar to post on its fifth anniversary)

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I wouldn't mind getting enmeshed for a 2XIDB

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You're doing great sweetie!

15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

south park creators use deep fake tech to make fun of deep fakes

G.Rand likes this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

For those of you that love snakes. :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

nope...Nope..NOPE......no no no No No HELL NO no no nonononono.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When the vapor cloud starts forming it is time for you to leave.
    Quickly.

20. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness