1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pat - you're gettin' snarky lately. Leave the cynicism to us crabby old guys.

C'mon - let the "Mooneyness" flow brother...:D

2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:crackup:

Ben lives about 15 minutes from me. I feel obliged.

notbostrom likes this.
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Dude - if you stop being you, then I am giving up and walking out into traffic!:D

4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Of course he earned it, I was more questioning if he had placed 2nd ( hypothetical - based off of the early races) would he be the flavor of the offseason! Interesting sliding doors moment to me

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!! This is the best post I've read by you in a while.

6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

last night Stanboli hinted at a few things and confirmed quite a few riders sent their resume in. The surprising one was Bobby Fong, being that he's been in the M4 camp for some time now. He also hinted at Davies dropping a resume.

7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Cam P. started the season miserably... NO BRAKES in the two first rounds I think it was...
    Kept falling off the pack.
    His dominance (once brake issues fixed) makes me believe that he would of been there with PJ

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I thought he just had brake issues in Atlanta and Pitt?

henry_carlson likes this.
  9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Shit... now you're making me question my initial thought.
    Beginning of the season seems so long ago lol
    Don't remember would have to go back and see the first races to validate.

10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

i believe the brake issues came about after the first two rounds and affected rounds 3 and 4. He did quite well at Road America 1 and 2

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Would be really cool for Honos to go SBK racing. Kawasaki is supposed to come out with a new ZX10RR end of the next month.

I wonder is Scheibe will be on the grid next season. They really need a new bike, would be cool if they stuck with BMW, but got the new one.

jd41 and Senna like this.
  12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Always amazes me how much information is given away on this show and also how Stanboli has time to dedicate an hour and a half each week to it. It's awesome.

13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

It's a great great great podcast for the sport man. Dustin from TrackDaz has been around for a minute, he also had a meeting with Chuck G from Westby.

14. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Dustin knows just about everybody in the racing business. Good dude for sure.

15. henry_carlson

Atlanta was the break issues he was leading and barely beat dumas to hold onto 2nd. At road America 1 he crashed and he didn’t get an official time for qualifying! He also had issues at Pittsburgh when Corey beat him. I suppose I’m just being too harsh

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  16. henry_carlson

Is it a podcast? I am only asking in hope that I can stop watching it on youtube, not trying to pick nits.

Senna likes this.
  17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Can't watch.

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

PJ's Duc was not legal for STK 1000. And No, I'm not taking about the homologation issue. Don't you wonder why they suddenly decided to give up and put it in SBK?

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Because the rider they hired was not eligible for SSTK due to past performace?

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Here's some more good 'ol third hand info for you-

Toni's rent in Manhattan beach is $8k per month and he just had another kid. He's not going to retire. HONOS is the rumor I heard.