1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addicted to pressure washing...?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, May 31, 2020.

1. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Ryobi is Chinese for "no spares available". YMMV

tony 340, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That sounds like a really shitty situation...

ducnut and Phl218 like this.
  3. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I took your advice. Ordered a Simpson with the Honda motor, 3k psi.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SIMPSON-Me...sure-Washer-with-Honda-Engine-CARB/1000119401

I probably would have been totally fine with the 2,800psi Craftsman with the Briggs and Stratton. I had a mower with one of those motors that I used year-round for 10 years; I never even changed the oil. Those things are solid, but I spent ~$30 more for the Honda motor after being influenced by the BigBird marketing campaign.

Razr and BigBird like this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Only the Briggs Vanguards are worthy. Their consumer stuff, like on a pressure washer, don’t have a cylinder sleeve or even bearings in the bottom end. They truly are disposable. The additional cost for the Honda engine was an investment.

BigBird likes this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I bought a Powerstroke washer, which has a Yamaha engine. I believe Subaru washers are also identical. I bought it because it has an electric starter, as well as its very low price (refurb). I'm not getting any younger or stronger, so I know the electric start feature will be nice in the future. Hell, it is nice to have now.

I recently replaced the battery, as the original would not hold a charge. The closest I could find (with little effort) was same height and width, but about 1/2" deeper. I had to replace two bolts with longer ones, but other than that it was easy peasy.

Battery was ordered from Global Industries.

ducnut likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I LOVE my electric start snowblower. No matter how cold, 110V will spin anything.

ChemGuy and BigBird like this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

5C3098A5-CA1F-4F1B-8042-C49B9509A525.jpeg I bought one of these a little while ago. Made quick work of my driveway. Works great!

BigBird and tony 340 like this.
  8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Spray some purple ZEP on 15min before you wash and the concrete will look new if you have a big enough machine.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Be careful with a lot of pressure on your concrete, you can blow the top layer off, the cream when you finish it. It will look clean, but can degrade much quicker. It will be prone to getting dirty easier, then you'll have to clean out again sooner.

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so i just seized my Habor Freight pressure washer. a bit annoyed as i've used it 4 times, and only one of the times was a full weekend job.
    i've chained the oil every 8 hours with nice Motul 5100, and have only used VP C9 fuel it in so ethanol wouldnt gum anything up.

any thoughts on how this would happen, so i dont repeat it on the next one?

12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

dont buy another harbor freight terd.

BigBird and auminer like this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Cheap Chinesium is cheap for a reason. As far as I know my nephew is still using the Honda power unit I gave him when I bought my new one. It's going on 20 years old at the moment. I changed the oil before I gave to him but I doubt it has been changed since.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    BigBird likes this.
  14. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

their motors are usually good. look at the people that get their inverter generators. the air compressors are pretty decent too.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Harbor Freight quality is good if you get it right. I'm sure their QC department is not fully staffed. I bought a HF 12" Mitre Saw, had to return it, never can get a true cut, the replacement was worst than the first, and the laser level died after one use. I just gave up.

HF quality "The company recalled their three- and six-ton jack stands in May and is now recalling the three-ton jack stands that were replacements for the original recall"

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...t-recalls-replacement-pittsburgh-jack-stands/

HF Icon tools are top notch. Their Torque wrench is more accurate than Snap-On and Matco.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

My brother bought a HF concrete vibrator, had a 1 year warranty. I never made it close to a year, died during the first use. He probably went through 5-6 of those cheap bastards.

17. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

For anyone that's looking for a deal on a gas PW, this was this morning at my Lowes
    deal on washer2.jpg

Razr likes this.
  18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Confirm if the motor is seized or the pump head.

Pull spark plug then try to turn over