1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

For sure I get plenty of that already, and these items from spl170db's list are already in my pantry because a doctor acquaintance recommended the same things.
    vit D
    vit C
    zinc
    quercetin
    I didn't know about the others but I'll look into those too.
    Thanks for the advice and experiences, that is helpful and constructive, and I'm glad to hear y'all got through it the way you did. Hopefully I will continue to dodge it but if not, what I have read on here will make it a lot less scary if I do get exposed.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So sucking on galvanized nails actually IS good for you?

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Right up there with licking downspouts I suppose.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Mine are aluminum.

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Everyday the weather/season and my schedule allows....

6. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

9. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I think you're right - it is probably going to be endemic (always there) since containment efforts have failed and it looks like immune response declines over a few months.

But if you do got out without any precautions, the risk really isn't to you personally, since your individual odds are pretty good - the risk is actually to the healthcare system. It doesn't take much to overwhelm the system, and as this is spiking across multiple states at the same time, it doesn't look good.

10. Venom51

Did you miss the part where the numbers would indicate that Covid has essentially cured the flu?

sdg, tony 340 and Photo like this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

12. Venom51

Wow...A doctor with some common sense and humanity. I like everything about that article. That is the difference between someone actually caring for the patient vs trying to suck another dollar out of their insurance company or family.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The CDC also resets its flu season counter every year. Even when COVID is considered an endemic/yearly thing they will just keep it as a non-stop running tally to maximize fear impact.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I just got into a huge debate with my dad about hospitals and actual hospitalization *needs* last night. I fully believe that some people are being hospitalized not because of true need, but because the case can be made for doing so, and the hospitals are looking for the $$ to make up for losses the rest of the year.

brex and Photo like this.
  15. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

they have been doing that shit for years.

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I agree. I think it’s even more so now, but he just refused to believe that they’d do such a thing. I was shocked by his commitment to ignorance. Retirement hasn’t been kind to him. :crackup:

renegade17 likes this.
  17. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Several years back I had an outpatient procedure done. In the hospital for ~4hrs start to finish. My surgeon's fee was less than $1k while the hospital charged my insurance nearly $30k.

18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Keep bitching about the free market or you’ll get utilization reviews and death panels.

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

To be clear, I’m not bitching. I was pointing out that the current Covid hospitalization rates may be a bit deceiving, and not a true indicator of what people want to make it out to be.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

It’s being portrayed in a light to show how “bad” the free market health care delivery system is. That way people will clamor to the .gov looking for a fix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.