1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s the Thinnest Chest Protector?

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Oct 28, 2020.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I’m using some Alpinestars model currently but it’s a little too thick. I don’t really feel like I need padding, but more like a thin plate to prevent a footpeg through the ribs and that sort of thing. Suggestions?

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

They make Tshirt style ones for skiing you should look at.

MotoGP69 likes this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Safety Impact Armor

Brian_J, MotoGP69 and Razr like this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

MotoGP69 likes this.
  5. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

taichi makes a 4mm chest protector that works well and its comfortable.

MotoGP69 likes this.
  6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Guys that wear Tech Air vest, you still wear this also? The agreement with the wife to allow me to start racing again after the accident was to improve my safety gear for next season. The tech air is on the list and curious if there is interference with also wearing chest protector.

7. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

I recently got a Dainese pro armor back protector and it’s very slim. I was having issues moving around on the bike with my previous back protector as it was so damn bulky in my suit. With the pro armor back protector I have so much more movement & comfort on the bike. Dainese also has the same style chest protector - check them out.

8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I wear the tech air vest and i do not wear a chest protector however next season i will be wearing one. I have a buddy who wears the tech air vest and he uses the astars bionic chest protector and its pretty comfortable, i've tried it. he won't race without it.

05Yamabomber likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Back protection integrated or just chest? Link?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, I was going to say just don't wear one but that's idiotic. You need all the armour and edge you can get to do battle with the pavement gods.

I hated back protectors and would toss mine when no one was looking but I was glad I did that one time. . .

11. Tristan

I've been using the Forcefield Pro vest and it's comfy but may be thicker than the OP seeks. It zips in the front, which leaves a couple inches in the center unprotected (right where you don't want a bar or lever entering) and after 2 seasons the zipper took a shit.

TLR67 likes this.
  12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I wear the Astar bionic chest pads that insert into the GP Tech suit I use. It makes the chest area bulkier, but I’ve always worn a chest and back protector even before the airbag. And my discussion with the wife was similar that I wouldn’t skimp on safety gear. No discussions on the cost of safety gear, cost is not a factor, safety is. If I can’t afford the safest gear, then I can’t afford to race.

05Yamabomber likes this.
  13. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

After looking at all of the options mentioned, I went ahead and ordered the 4mm RS Taichi Flex Chest. I’ll probably end up with the Dainese Pro Armor back protector as well. This combo should be much less bulky than my current setup, with the side benefit of actually flowing some air. Thanks everyone!

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I was going to say @Metalhead 's bird chest. But that wouldnt do you much good. Unless you skinned and tanned him.

:D

15. Quicktoy

16. Tristan

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Your mom’s A-cups.

:Poke:

18. Quicktoy

I cross referenced that one. It’s also designed to be used with a neck brace while motor crossing so I don’t think too hot.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member